|Elevation||3,870 ft (1,180 m)|
|Population (2014 Census)|
Busia is at the border with Kenya. It is adjacent to the similarly named town of Busia, Kenya. Busia, Uganda is approximately 202 kilometres (126 mi), by road, east of Kampala, the capital and largest city of Uganda. The coordinates of Busia, Uganda are 0°28'01.0"N, 34°05'24.0"E (Latitude:0.4669; Longitude:34.0900).
According to the 2002 national census, the population of Busia was about 36,630. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) estimated the population at 45,700. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population at 47,100. In 2014, the national population census put the population at 55,958.
In 2005, Busia was the busiest border crossing between Uganda and Kenya. It is expected that in May 2016, the construction of a one-stop-border-crossing between Busia, Uganda and Busia, Kenya will conclude.
- UBOS (27 August 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- "Travel Distance Between Kampala And Busia With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- Google (2 July 2015). "Location of Busia, Uganda At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2 July 2015.
- "Estimated Population of Busia, Uganda In 2002, 2010 & 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- Muwanga, David (10 August 2006). "Busia Leads In Border Trade". New Vision. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- Ochieng, Lilian (28 April 2016). "Malaba, Busia one-stop border posts works set to end by July". Business Daily Africa. Nairobi. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Busia.|