Business & Finance
|Year founded||September 1964|
Business & Finance (sometimes B&F) is a fortnightly Irish business magazine published by Belenos Publications, that was established by Hugh McLaughlin in September 1964. It provides news, comment and analysis on Irish and international news stories. The readership is made up of business professionals, including senior level business leaders such as CEOs and heads of functions. It is a sister title to Magill.
History and circulation
The magazine has been published continually since its foundation in 1964. At the beginning of the 2000s the magazine was published on a weekly basis. The parent company is Belenos Publications, which acquired the magazine in 2001.
Business & Finance is edited by John Walsh, who took over after the departure of controversial economist Constantin Gurdgiev. Contributors include Richard Delevan, Gavin Miller, Nicole Matthews, Sarah Gilmartin and teic.ie editor Adam Maguire.
The magazine claimed a readership of over 55,100 and a bi-weekly circulation, according to an ABC circulated audit, of 15,767 for the period 1 July to 31 December 2008.
Also published are the annual "Top 1000 Companies in Ireland" and the "Who's Who in Irish Business". Other publications include the Life Sciences Review for news and updates for the life sciences industry in Ireland and Green Business which focuses on the implications of the move to 'green' for the business community.
Other company operations
Business & Finance Media Group have an Events Division, which manages several awards and events including the Business & Finance US Business Awards, Business & Finance Awards, Golden Spider Awards, the International Financial Services Summit. In 2009 it also launched the inaugural Business & Finance Asia Pacific/Ireland awards. Also in the portfolio is the Top 1000 Companies in Ireland Database and a real-time online news portal.
Moranna Ltd., the company publishing Business & Finance, folded in early 2011 owing more than €500,000. A new debt-free company was then established to continue publishing the magazine.
- Hugh McLaughlin (1918 - 2006) Europe Intelligence Wire, 12 January 2006
- Arthur Beesley (21 December 2001). "Jobs may go as 'Business & Finance' fetches £1m". The Irish Times. Retrieved 23 April 2017.
- Contact us Archived 21 February 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- Judges bios Archived 8 August 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- About us Archived 1 September 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- Business & Finance And KPMG To Recognise Excellence In Irish Business Europe Intelligence Wire, 7 October 2004
- Business & Finance
- Business & Finance Periodical Publishers Association of Ireland