Business Marketing Association
Business Marketing Association is a service organization in the marketing industry founded in 1922. It provides members with online information and runs marketing certification program, trainings and education programs, papers and industry surveys. It is specific to business-to-business marketing, unlike other marketing associations.
- According to the Bylaws of the organization “no member, whether an Officer, a Director or member serving on committees shall receive any salary or other form of compensation” and “surplus funds and current working capital of the Association shall be invested”.
The BMA was founded in 1922 as the Industrial Department of the Associated Advertising Clubs of the World to develop business, industrial, and professional advertising. Since then the name changed four times, to National Industrial Advertisers Association, then Association of Industrial Advertisers, then Business Professional Advertising Association, and ultimately Business Marketing Association, to differente the organization from other similar ones.
Articles of incorporation as not-for-profit corporation under the association’s new name (Business Marketing Association) were filed with the Illinois secretary of State and registered in 1994.
Each chapter's creation mut be approved by the Executive Committee or Board of Directors, and each chapter can adopt any Constitution and Bylaws consistent with those of the BMA.
- North American Chapters :
- International :
- BMA offers several membership programs
- Educator (primary occupation is instructing/teaching in a college, university, trade school);
- Young Professionals (30 years or younger);
- Student (in school full time);
For educator, young professionals and student offers verification is needed.
- Business Marketing Association offers
- Communication with professionals;
- Local chapters across the country;
- Member directory;
- Corporate member discounts;
- Peer-to-Peer networking;
- Open exchange of ideas.
- Education (meetings, conferences, webinars, teleceminars);
- B2B Magazine;
- e-magazine BMA Buzz;
- Resources (experts, discounts, vendor lists, research, white papers, interactive forums).
- Annual B2B Conference;
- Speaker programs;
- Best Practice Sharing;
- Chapter programs and learning forums.
- National B2 Awards to showcase successful campaigns;
- Local Chapter awards tailored to local members;
- Chapter programs showcasing "The Best" in the market;
- Local events in every chapter.
- Corporate Membership
In addition to individual membership, there is a corporate rate membership program with lower rates. The Corporate Membership Program includes access to all the resources and events of the national BMA organization and membership in any of the BMA's local chapters. BMA Corporate Members
- General Electric
- Fifth Ring
- J.P. Morgan
- Slack and Company
- Eric Mower and Associates
- Hallmark Business Connections
- Marketing Innovators International
- SAVO Group
- The Allant Group 
Communications Awards Programs
BMA have a number of business-to-business communications award programs:
1. B2 Awards
- The B2 Awards are for innovative global brand strategy, customer marketing strategy, integrated internal and external marketing communications strategy, e-business strategy, new media strategy and successful new product and service introductions. The Awards are also for marketing activities addressed to employees, sales forces, channel partners, government, consumers (as in b2c2b), NGOs and industry and financial analysts, among others.
2. G.D. Crain, Jr. Award
- The G. D. Crain Award is named for the founder of Crain Communications and one of the founders of the Business Marketing Association. Created in 1969, the annual award recognizes a BMA member for career achievement in business-to-business marketing and exceptional service to the advancement of the Association at the national level.
3. Agency of the Year Award
4. Corporate Marketer of the Year Award
5. Local Chapter Award Programs
- Several local BMA chapters sponsor advertising award competitions throughout the year.
1. 2014 Global BMA Conference will take place May 28–30, 2014 in Chicago, IL.
2. 2013 Global BMA Conference “Blaze”
- Focused on the latest trends in b-to-b , BLAZE was feature a mix of 14 keynote and panel sessions, 20 shorter "Firestarter" sessions led by top b-to-b firebrands and even a pyrotechnics-enhanced networking cruise on Lake Michigan.
3. 2012 "GROW" Conference took place May 30-June 1, 2012 - Swissotel, Chicago
4. 2011 "Unleash" Conference took take place June 1–3, 2011 - The Sheraton Hotel & Towers, Chicago
- "Unleash", the 2011 International BMA Conference, which took place June 1–3 in Chicago, was attended by B-to-B marketers ranging from corporate marketers to CMOs and other c-level titles as well as directors and managers.
Event included general sessions, breakout sessions and networking events such as the Chicago Odyssey Networking Cruise and BMA's popular Marketing Leader '8 at 8' Dinner event.
5. 2010 "Engage" Conference took place June 2–4, 2010 - Swissotel, Chicago
6. 2009 "Unlearn" Conference took place June 10–12, 2009 - The Drake Hotel, Chicago 
- American Marketing Association (AMA) was established in 1937 by visionaries in marketing and academia. Today, the AMA has grown to be one of the largest marketing associations in the world, with over 30,000 members who work, teach and study in the field of marketing across the globe.
- American Advertising Federation (AAF) is the oldest national advertising trade association, acts as the "Unifying Voice for Advertising", representing 50,000 professionals in the advertising industry. The AAF has a national network of 200 ad clubs, 215 college chapters, and 130 blue-chip corporate members that are advertisers, agencies and media companies, comprising the nation's leading brands and corporations.
- Direct Marketing Association (DMA) is the leading global trade association of business and nonprofit organizations using and supporting direct marketing tools and techniques. Founded in 1917, DMA today has more than 3,600 members from the US and 46 other nations, including the majority of companies listed on the Fortune 100. DMA stands for advancing and protecting responsible data-driven marketing.
- Marketing Research Association (MRA) was formed in 1957 and it is a self-managed, not-profit organization providing programs and services for members to gain insight into information about trends occurring in the industry and network with fellow researchers. MRA currently has approximately 3,000 members internationally, representing all segments of the research profession.
- Promotion Marketing Association, Inc. (PMA) was established in 1911; nowadays it is the premier not-profit organization, developing the highest standards in the promotion and integrated marketing industry globally. PMA's objective is to foster a better understanding of promotion and integrated marketing and its role in the overall marketing process.
- Sales & Marketing Executives International (SMEI) is the worldwide organization dedicated to ethical standards, continuing professional development, knowledge sharing, mentoring students and advancing free enterprise. Over 10,000 members around the world are provided with access to knowledge base of organization through ongoing seminars, lectures and networking opportunities.
- Society for Marketing Professional Services (SPMS) was created in 1973; nowadays the association has a membership of more than 6,100 marketing and business development professionals from architectural, engineering, planning, interior design, construction, and specialty consulting firms located throughout the United States and Canada.
- BMA Official Site. About the BMA
- BMA Official Site. Bylaws
- BMA Official Site. About the BMA
- BMA official site. Why join us?
- BMA official site. Corporate Membership
- BMA official site. BMA Corporate Members
- BMA Official Site. B2B Communications Awards Programs
- BMA Blaze
- BMA Official Site. 2014 Global BMA Conference
- AMA Official Site. About
- AAF. Official Site. About AAF
- DMA. Official Site. Who we are
- MRA Official Site. About
- PMA Official Site. About
- SMEI Official Site. About
- SMPS Official Site. About