Local business, global network, Givers Gain
|Headquarters||Charlotte, NC, United States|
|Ivan Misner, Graham Weihmiller|
Business Network International (BNI) is an American franchised networking organization with around 200,000 members in 7,500 local chapters worldwide. Members meet regularly to discuss business and support each other's businesses by sharing referrals. It claims to be the world's leading 'referral organization'. In 2015, the organization says its members generated referrals resulting in over $9.3 billion in closed business worldwide. BNI was founded in 1985 by Ivan Misner.
Local BNI chapters arrange regular meetings for people from various industries and encourage the passing of referrals. It appears most effective for locally based, mainstream businesses, operating mostly off the Internet.
- Number of members: 200,000
- Total annual value of referrals: 7.7 million referrals, resulting in US$9.3 billion worth of business
- "BNI web page". Archived from the original on 22 February 2008. Retrieved 2013-06-14.
- "Why Technology Is Rewarding Close Personal Relationships". California Science & Technology News. 2006-02-23. Archived from the original on September 29, 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-17.
- 6 Reasons NOT to Join a BNI Group, by Ivana Taylor, Business to Community, 11 December 2014
- "2015 Ends Successfully for BNI". www.bni.com. Retrieved 2016-05-02.