Busolwe General Hospital
|Busolwe General Hospital|
|Uganda Ministry of Health|
|Location||Busolwe, Butaleja District, Uganda|
|Lists||Hospitals in Uganda|
|Other links||Hospitals in Uganda|
Busolwe General Hospital, also Busolwe Hospital, is a hospital in Busolwe Town, Butaleja District, in the Eastern Region of Uganda. It is a public hospital, owned by the Ugandan Government and is administered by Butaleja District Local Government.
The hospital is located in the central business district of the town of Busolwe, approximately 47 kilometres (29 mi) southwest of Mbale Regional Referral Hospital. The coordinates of Busolwe Hospital are: 0°50'58.0"N, 33°55'45.0"E (Latitude:0.849449; Longitude:33.929156).
In 2008, the Government of Uganda signed a debt swap agreement, with the Kingdom of Spain involving the creation of a Trust Fund. The resources of that trust fund will be used to construct and equip Kawolo General Hospital and Busolwe General Hospital.
The renovations, which are expected to take four years, include the following:
- Renovate existing staff housing
- Build new staff houses
- Build a new Emergency department ( Casualty department)
- Build a trauma ward
- Build new operating rooms (operating theatres)
- Build a new mortuary with cold facilities
- Build a new, bigger maternity ward, with antenatal wing
- Build new operating rooms dedicated to obstetric cases
- Construct a water reservoir with capacity of 144,000 liters (31,676 imp gal; 38,041 U.S. gal)
- Rehabilitate existing water sources and install solar-powered pumps
- Provision of an ambulance foe emergencies and a double cabin pick-up for outreach services.
- GFC (10 May 2016). "Distance between Busolwe Hospital, Busolwe, Eastern Region, Uganda and Mbale Regional Hospital, Mbale, Eastern Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com (GFC). Retrieved 10 May 2016.
- Google (10 May 2016). "Location of Busolwe General Hospital" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 10 May 2016.
- UMOH (December 2015). "Rehabilitation and construction of Kawolo and Busolwe Hospitals". Kampala: Uganda Ministry of Health (UMOH). Retrieved 10 May 2016.
- Lanyero, Flavia (5 January 2012). "Busolwe Hospital is not equipment constrained, management says". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 10 May 2016.
- Website of Uganda Ministry of Health
- Busolwe town council in Butaleja: Get there before 7 pm or don’t bother