Butler Township, Franklin County, Indiana
Location of Butler Township in Franklin County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||30.36 sq mi (78.6 km2)|
|• Land||30.28 sq mi (78.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.09 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||915 ft (279 m)|
|• Density||43.5/sq mi (16.8/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453149|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 30.36 square miles (78.6 km2), of which 30.28 square miles (78.4 km2) (or 99.74%) is land and 0.09 square miles (0.23 km2) (or 0.30%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Metamora Township (north)
- Brookville Township (northeast)
- Highland Township (east)
- Adams Township, Ripley County (south)
- Ray Township (west)
- Salt Creek Township (northwest)
The township contains one cemetery, Wolf Creek.
- "Butler Township, Franklin County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Reifel, August Jacob (1915). History of Franklin County, Indiana. Windmill Publications. p. 134.
|This Franklin County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|