Butte Central Catholic High School
|Butte Central Catholic High School|
|9 South Idaho Street
Butte, Montana, (Silver Bow County) 59701
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Superintendent||Dr. Timothy Uhl|
|Principal||Kevin St. John|
|Student to teacher ratio||15:1|
|Color(s)||Maroon and White|
|Slogan||Where Faith and Science Meet|
|Fight song||"Notre Dame Victory March"|
|Athletics conference||Montana Southwest A|
|Accreditation||Northwest Accreditation Commission |
|Affiliation||Roman Catholic Diocese of Helena|
|Athletic Director||Chad Peterson|
|Website||Official school website|
Butte Central Catholic High School is a private, Roman Catholic high school in Butte, Montana. It is one of two high schools in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Helena, the other being Loyola Sacred Heart in Missoula. Their mascot is the Maroons.
Montana High School Association State Championships
List of state championships attained by the school:
- Boys Basketball – 1950, 1956, 1978, 1984, 1992
- Boys Football - 1945, 1948, 1952, 1969, 1971, 1972, 1973
- Boys Swimming - 1996, 2003
- Boys Golf - 1978, 1989
- Boys Cross Country - 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1980
- Boys Track and Field - 1982
- Boys Wrestling - 1983
- Girls Basketball - 1981, 1982, 2011, 2016
- Girls Softball - 1997, 1999, 2000
- Girls Track and Field - 1981, 1982, 1983
Notable alumni and faculty
- Amanda Curtis, former Math and Physics teacher from 2004-2006. Current member of the Montana House of Representatives and failed Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate in the 2014 Montana Senate Election.
- Rob "Robbie" Johnson, former MLB catcher for the Seattle Mariners, San Diego Padres, New York Mets, and St. Louis Cardinals graduated 2001.
- Jerry J. O'Connell, former member of the United States House of Representatives from Montana
- Robert O'Neill, decorated Navy SEAL; revealed in November 2014 to be the Navy SEAL that killed Osama bin Laden during the raid on Bin Laden's compound in Pakistan on May 1, 2011.
- Jim Sweeney, college football coach, class of 1947
- George Leo Thomas, Bishop of the Diocese of Helena
- Brian Morris, Former Stanford Football Player, Montana Supreme Court Judge
- NAAS. "Northwest Association of Accredited Schools". Archived from the original on January 25, 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-29.
- MHSA. "Montana High School Association Web site". Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- Foley, Bill (April 17, 2009). "Life in the Big Leagues: Butte's Robbie Johnson living the dream". - The Montana Standard.
- "O'CONNELL, Jerry Joseph, (1909-1956)". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress. Retrieved October 14, 2012.