|Birth name||Buhawi Francia Meneses|
June 4, 1976 |
|Genres||Rock, hard rock, alternative rock, funk|
|Instruments||Bass guitar, Backing vocals (occasionally)|
|Labels||Universal, MCA Music, Inc.|
|Associated acts||Parokya ni Edgar, Franco|
Meneses is the second of four children and only son of breast cancer activist Danny Valenzuela Meneses and the late Rosa Francia-Meneses.
Meneses took up Fine Arts at the University of the Philippines, Diliman. During his second year in the program, he stopped schooling and at the same time took care of his ill mother as she was diagnosed with breast cancer that same year. Not long after, Meneses joined his childhood friends to form Parokya ni Edgar and pursue a music career.
Meneses is married to Febe Meneses who previously worked for GMA-7's Startalk. They have three sons. He is a member of Tau Gamma Phi fraternity in the Philippines along with band mate Darius Semaña.
In late 2015, Meneses went on hiatus, relocating with his family in USA.
With Parokya ni Edgar
- Khangkhungkherrnitz (1996)
- Buruguduystunstugudunstuy (1997)
- Jingle Balls Silent Night Holy Cow (1998)
- Gulong Itlog Gulong (1999)
- Edgar Edgar Musikahan (2002)
- Bigotilyo (2003)
- Halina Sa Parokya (2005)
- Solid (2007)
- Middle-Aged Juvenile Novelty Pop Rockers (2010)
- Pogi Years Old (2016)
- Franco (2010)
|2010||Survivor Philippines: Celebrity Showdown||Himself/Castaway||GMA 7 Kapuso|
- Sutton, Michael. "Biography: Parokya Ni Edgar". Allmusic. Retrieved 22 May 2010.
- First love, true love: The Buwi and Febe Meneses Love Story - GMA News Online