buy.at was an online affiliate marketing platform launched it 2002. It was bought by AOL in 2008 and sold to Digital Window in 2010. It was replaced by Digital Window's "Affiliate Window" on June 11, 2012. This coincided with the US launch of Affiliate Window's platform for advertisers and publishers.
The buy.at affiliate network in 2002 by British company Perfiliate Technologies Ltd, which was founded in 1999. The network grew to become the UK’s largest independent affiliate marketing network. The company generated an average 250% year-over-year revenue growth from 2004 to 2006. It was the UK’s ninth fastest-growing technology company in the 2007 according to The Sunday Times's Tech Track 100, and the fastest-growing affiliate network in the UK according to New Media Age (NMA).
buy.at received several awards for campaign performance and overall operations:
- 2003 New Statesman New Media Award for ‘Contribution to Civic Society'
- 2003 Finalist in the Revolution 2003 Awards for ‘Most Innovative Online Business'
- 2003 Regional winner of the National E-Commerce Awards, E-Trading Category
- 2007 Travolution award for best affiliate marketing campaign (LateRooms)
- Highly commended as ‘Publisher Choice of Network 2007’ at The Performance Marketing Awards (formerly A4U awards)
- Highly commended for the ‘Innovation in Affiliate Marketing – Network Award’ at The Performance Marketing Awards (formerly A4U awards) in 2007
In 2007, buy.at acquired Lightstate (rebranded as buy.at leads) to expand capabilities and product offerings for advertisers and affiliates in the lead generation space. The same year it expanded to the United States, opening an office in New York and launching Ticketmaster’s US affiliate program in December.
Coinciding with AOL’s ‘Platform-A’ European expansion, buy.at began supporting clients in Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, Norway and Sweden in 2009. In the same year, buy.at’s Agnieszka Marchewka was commended for ‘Publishers Choice of Account Manager’ at The Performance Marketing Awards (formerly A4U awards).
In 2010, AOL sold buy.at to Digital Window, who already owned Affiliate Window in the UK.
- Chaikin, Lisa (11 June 2012). "Affiliate Window Launches In The US With New Performance Marketing Platform". Affiliate Marketing Blog. Archived from the original on 30 March 2015.
- "Affiliate marketing experiences dramatic growth". Econsultancy. 23 January 2008. Archived from the original on 7 August 2011.
- "Winners: contribution to civic society" (PDF). New Media Awards 2003. New Statesman. 21 July 2003. p. v. Archived from the original (PDF) on 13 December 2004.
- Collins, Shawn (17 December 2008). "buy.at Launches in Sweden, Denmark and Norway". Affiliate Marketing Blog. Archived from the original on 27 December 2015.
- "A4U Awards 2009 – Azam Marketing Highly Commended Alongside Other Top Online Industry Achievers". Archived from the original on 23 August 2014.