|Region||Eastern. Region of Uganda|
|Elevation||3,480 ft (1,060 m)|
|Population (2014 Census)|
Buyende is approximately 100 kilometres (62 mi), by road, north of Jinja, the largest city in the Busoga sub-region. This is approximately 180 kilometres (110 mi), by road, northeast of Kampala, the capital of Uganda and its largest city. The coordinates of the town are:1°08'51.0"N, 33°09'40.0"E (Latitude:1.147500; Longitude:33.161111).
In 2014, the national population census put the population of Buyende town at 23,039
Points of interest
|This section does not cite any sources. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or close to the edges of the town:
- headquarters of Buyende District Administration
- offices of Buyende Town Council
- Buyende central market
- UBOS, . (29 November 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- "Road Distance Between Jinja And Buyende With Map". Globefeed.com.
- "Map Showing Kampala And Buyende With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- Google (5 July 2015). "Location of Buyende At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 5 July 2015.