|Slogan||Where Smart Buyers & Sellers Connect|
Type of site
|Small Business, Business Information|
|31,816 (as of January 2012[update])|
BuyerZone is an online marketplace for business-to-business purchases. The company is headquartered in Waltham, MA. As a lead generation website, BuyerZone connects buyers that are looking for specific products or services to multiple vendors that can meet their needs. Buyers enter details about themselves and the purchases that they intend to make, and BuyerZone then matches them to a set of participating vendors deemed the right fit for the customer. From there, the buyer and potential vendors can work out details of a deal, including everything from service levels to price.
Benefits for buyers include free price quotes, and the ability to easily shop for the best prices because they receive multiple bids from competing vendors. In turn, vendors get a source for verified, ready-to-purchase leads.
BuyerZone provides leads to over 8,500 local and national companies that offer over 150 different products and services, from office furniture equipment to telecommunications to construction equipment. Specific examples include payroll services, forklifts, software, phone systems, graphic design, and more. The BuyerZone editorial staff also provides objective Buyer's Guides and other articles that provide detailed purchasing information, both on the BuyerZone site and elsewhere on the web, such as the article "Phone Scams of 2010."
BuyerZone was founded in 1992 by current president Mie-Yun Lee and was originally based out of Watertown, MA. The company made it through the collapse of the dot-com bubble of 2000 by redesigning its website, scaling back staffing and operations, and trimming its service offerings.
Awards and Distinctions
For five consecutive years (2002-2006), BuyerZone was awarded Deloitte’s New England Tech Fast 50. In the Spring of 2011, two of its online marketing associates were named finalists in the inaugural Young Marketer "Team USA" competition sponsored by USA TODAY and Microsoft Advertising.
BuyerZone maintains a startup culture with its frequent company events and a casual work environment. The office culture encourages creativity and fun, with pranks, April Fools' Day stunts, and rap battles being just a few examples.
The average BuyerZone review on GlassDoor.com is 4.4 out of 5 points, with past and current employees noting the company’s "skilled leadership," "talented and strong employee base," and "hands-on MBA plus tech education." Noted weaknesses include a "troubling domestic economic climate," and difficulty to "advance quickly through the ranks."
Based on 64 LinkedIn users that are connected to BuyerZone.com, 86% of BuyerZone employees hold a Bachelor’s Degree and 12% hold a Master’s degree. More than half of its employees (51%) had 5–10 years of work experience prior to being hired at BuyerZone.
- "BuyerZone.com Site Info". Alexa Internet, Inc. Retrieved 18 January 2012.
- Regan, Keith (2006-01-09). "How to put your feet up: Let a vendor fill your office needs". Boston Business Journal.
- "Find the Best Franchise Opportunity". BizTools.
- "Always compare before a big purchase". USAToday. 2005-04-25.
- "BuyerZone.com, LLC". Hoovers.
- "BuyerZone: Phone scams of 2010". Telephone System Price Quotes.
- "When Empire Building Gets in the Way". ZoomInfo.
- "The American Business Awards: BuyerZone.com". Stevie Awards.
- "Reed lands BuyerZone.com". BtoBOnline.
- "RapidBuyr and BuyerZone Join Forces to Bring Daily Deals to Millions of Businesses". RapidBuyer. 2011-06-22.
- TechMedia Network Acquires BuyerZone
- "Help for Small Businesses Getting Office Equipment". Fox Business. 2011-08-05.
- "Who needs BuyerZone when you have VARNetwork?". 2007-01-18.
- "Litle & Co. tops latest Fast 50". MassHighTech.
- "BuyerZone online marketers named finalists in inaugural 2011 Young Marketer Competition". Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
- "Albums". Facebook.
- "BuyerZone Welcomes Nikki Back - Office Prank". YouTube.
- "Lift off! BuyerZone to Help Adventurers Travel to Space Quickly and Cost-Effectively". Businesswire. 2010-04-01.
- "BuyerZone props rap". YouTube.
- "BuyerZone.com Reviews". Glass Door.
- "BuyerZone.com Overview". LinkedIn.