This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Privately held company|
|Industry||Computer security, internet security, Electronic Identification and payment,|
|Founded||Norway (2001 )|
|Worldwide provider of SSL certificates|
|Gunnar Lindstøl (CEO)|
|Products||SSL certificate, Administration of SSL certificates, Multi Factor Authentication for smartcard and mobile devices, Payment Solutions|
Number of employees
Buypass is registered with the Norwegian Communication Authority as an issuer of qualified certificates under the Norwegian Electronic Signature Act. Buypass is also registered as a provider of electronic identification and related identification services under Certificate Authorities and requirements specifications for PKI in the public sector. This is a prerequisite for supplying identifications solutions and services to the public sector. Buypass is one of the major providers in Norway in this category.
- SSL/TLS-certificates - European Certificate Authority (CA) -issuing SSL-certificates world wide.
- Including SSL-certificates with Extended Validation (EV).
- Buypass is a member of CA/Browserforum
- Offers free server certificates via the ACME protocol.
- Personal electronic ID (Buypass ID) - including PKI - for smart cards and mobile. Provides access to government services, web-services and VPNs. Patented operator independent mobile authentication and payment solution.
- Enterprise Certificates
- Multi Factor Authentication solutions
- Payment Solutions for web and mobile
Research and development
The majority of Buypass's applications and services are developed in house, and are based on international and open standards for best practice.
Buypass collaborates actively with other technological research and specialist environments, to be at the forefront when it comes to technological trends, opportunities and changes in the risk picture.
- ETSI TS 102 042 - international certification based on European standards for issuers of electronic certificates, including TLS/SSL-certificates.
- ISO 27001 for information security management. This ensures that Buypass protect information according to confidentiality, integrity and accessibility standards.
- ISO 9001 - Quality management Systems
- PCI-DSS - certified in accordance with the requirements in the credit card companies data security standard, prepared by Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
- "About Buypass". Buypass. Archived from the original on 2015-04-02. Retrieved 26 March 2015.