Frederick Rollin Feitshans III (born 17 January 1937), known as Buzz Feitshans, is an American film producer best known for his work in the action field and his collaborations with John Milius and Carolco Pictures.
Feitshans is the grandson of silent film actress Ora Carew, and the son of film editor Fred R. Feitshans Jr. He graduated from the University of Southern California in 1962 with a degree in education, then went to work for the American Broadcasting Company as a film editor. In 1964, he joined American International Pictures as an editor and became head of the editorial department for ten years.
In 1973, Feithshans made his debut as a producer with Dillinger, a film written and directed by John Milius. Milius and Feitshans formed A-Team Productions that same year and produced Big Wednesday (1978), 1941 (1979) and Hardcore (1979). A-Team Productions dissolved, but Feitshans continued to act as Milius' producer on Conan the Barbarian (1982), Uncommon Valor (1983), and Red Dawn (1984).
Feitshans produced First Blood in 1982, and also its later sequels. The films were made by executive producers Mario Kassar and Andrew Vajna of Carolco Pictures, whom Feitshans frequently worked with. In 1988, he became executive vice president of production and a member of the board of directors for Carolco Pictures.
Feitshans joined Cinergi Productions in 1992, serving as executive producer for Medicine Man (1992), Tombstone (1993), Renaissance Man (1994), Color of Night (1994), Die Hard with a Vengeance (1995), Judge Dredd (1995), The Scarlet Letter (1995), Nixon (1995), Evita (1996), Shadow Conspiracy (1997), and An Alan Smithee Film: Burn Hollywood Burn (1997).
He retired from film production in 1997.
He is the father of cinematographer Fred Feitshans IV.
- Thunder Alley (1967) - assistant editor
- Wild in the Streets (1968) - assistant editor
- The Devil's 8 (1969) - post production co ordinator
- De Sade (1969) - editoroail co ordinator
- Boxcar Bertha (1972) - editor (although Martin Scorsese says he did all the editing)
- Coffy (1973) - producer (uncredited)
- Dillinger (1973) - producer
- Foxy Brown (1974) - producer
- Rape Squad (1974) - producer
- Hard Times (1975) - production executive
- Big Wednesday (1978) - producer
- 1941 (1979) - producer
- Hardcore (1979) - producer
- Uncommon Valor (1982) - producer
- First Blood (1982) - producer
- Conan the Barbarian (1982) - producer
- Red Dawn (1984) - producer
- Rambo: First Blood Part II (1985) - producer
- Extreme Prejudice (1987) - producer
- Rambo III (1988) - producer
- Deepstar Six (1989) - uncredited executive producer
- Total Recall (1990) - producer
- Universal Soldier (1992) - uncredited executive producer
- Tombstone (1993) - uncredited executive producer
- Renaissance Man (1994) - uncredited executive producer
- Color of Night (1994) - producer
- The Scarlet Letter (1995) - uncredited executive producer
- Die Hard with a Vengeance (1995) - uncredited executive producer
- Judge Dredd (1995) - executive producer
- Nixon (1995) - uncredited executive producer
- Evita (1996) - uncredited executive producer
- An Alan Smithee Film: Burn Hollywood Burn (1998) - uncredited executive producer
- Shadow Conspiracy (1997) - executive producer
- Amanda (1996)
- Broadway Brawler
- Smoke and Mirrors