Buzzle Township, Beltrami County, Minnesota
|Buzzle Township, Minnesota|
|• Total||36.2 sq mi (93.6 km2)|
|• Land||34.9 sq mi (90.3 km2)|
|• Water||1.3 sq mi (3.3 km2)|
|Elevation||1,411 ft (430 m)|
|• Density||8.2/sq mi (3.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0663718|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 36.2 square miles (94 km2), of which 34.9 square miles (90 km2) is land and 1.3 square miles (3.4 km2) (3.57%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Buzzle Lake
- Ess Lake (west edge)
- Funkley Lake
- Henson Lake
- Horseshow Lake
- Little Buzzle Lake
- Long Lake
- Spring Lake
- Tepee Lake
- White Fish Lake
- Roosevelt Township (north)
- Maple Ridge Township (northeast)
- Liberty Township (east)
- Eckles Township (southeast)
- Lammers Township (south)
- Shevlin Township, Clearwater County (southwest)
- Dudley Township, Clearwater County (west)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Buzzle and Pinewood.
As of the census of 2000, there were 286 people, 114 households, and 81 families residing in the township. The population density was 8.2 people per square mile (3.2/km²). There were 134 housing units at an average density of 3.8/sq mi (1.5/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 98.95% White, 0.70% African American, and 0.35% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.35% of the population.
There were 114 households out of which 26.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 64.0% were married couples living together, 3.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 28.9% were non-families. 22.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.51 and the average family size was 2.94.
In the township the population was spread out with 21.7% under the age of 18, 9.8% from 18 to 24, 25.9% from 25 to 44, 28.3% from 45 to 64, and 14.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 41 years. For every 100 females there were 110.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 105.5 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $25,000, and the median income for a family was $26,071. Males had a median income of $22,500 versus $22,143 for females. The per capita income for the township was $17,151. About 21.3% of families and 25.7% of the population were below the poverty line, including 27.6% of those under the age of eighteen and 33.3% of those sixty five or over.
- United States National Atlas
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- United States Census Bureau American FactFinder - Buzzle Township total population
- Upham, Warren (1920). Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance. Minnesota Historical Society. p. 37.