By the Sun's Rays
|By the Sun's Rays|
|Directed by||Charles Giblyn|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
A gang of bandits rob several shillings of gold from a Colorado mine. A detective named John Murdock is asked to assist mine intendent John Davis by finding the culprits. The clerk Frank Lawler who is in love with Davis daughter Dora is rejected by the girl who instead is in love with the detective. After another shipment arrives Murdock arranges a posse. As he attempts to catch the bandits he is blinded by a light. He then discovers it is Lawler who uses a mirror signaling the bandits. After Lawler returns to the office he attempts to seduce Dora who pretends to flirt with the man to hold him off until help arrives. After the bandits are arrested the men return to the office. Lawler realizing that his allies are captured attempts to escape but is immediately shot dead by one of the men.
- Murdock MacQuarrie as John Murdock
- Lon Chaney as Frank Lawler
- Seymour Hastings as John Davis
- Agnes Vernon as Dora Davis
- Richard Rosson as Bandit
- Eddie Lyons
- "Silent Era: By the Sun's Rays". silentera. Retrieved June 19, 2008.
- By the Sun's Rays on IMDb
- The short film By the Sun's Rays is available for free download at the Internet Archive
|This 1910s Western film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|