By the Tree
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|By the Tree|
|Origin||Weatherford, Texas, U.S.|
|Genres||Contemporary Christian music|
By the Tree was founded in Weatherford, Texas in 1997 by Chuck Dennie and Bala Boyd.
As with most aspiring musical groups, By the Tree got their start playing a series of small venues — predominantly churches — throughout the southern and southwestern United States. Their near-constant touring cultivated a sizeable fan base.
In 1999 they released two independent, self-produced CDs, which they sold at their concerts. By 2001, these two CDs had sold a combined 30,000 units, which more than recouped their production costs, and additionally brought them to the attention of the Christian music industry.
The band eventually signed with Fervent Records, part of the BMG music publishing company. Their first national U.S. commercial recording was Invade My Soul. The album charted on the Billboard Christian Albums chart and Independent[which?] chart. The album eventually went on to win two Dove Awards: The album itself won Best Modern Rock/Alternative Album, and the album's title track won Best Recorded Song.
By the Tree has released four albums under the Fervent label.
Although future plans to either record new material or tour are unknown, current band members Chuck Dennie, Aaron Blanton, and Ben Davis are all living in Franklin, TN.
- Chuck Dennie – vocals
- Aaron Blanton – drums
- Ben Davis – bass
- Kevin Rhoads – vocals, guitar
- Samuel McKern – drums
- Charlie Goddard – vocals, guitar
- Garrett Goodwin – drums
- Dustin Sauder – lead guitar, vocals
- Passion for Jesus (1999) Self-produced and distributed
- Shoot Me Down (1999) Self-produced and distributed
- Invade My Soul (Fervent Records, 2001) U.S. Christian No. 35
- These Days (Fervent, 2002) U.S. Christian No. 17
- Root (Fervent, 2003) U.S. Christian No. 15
- Hold You High (Fervent, 2004)
- World On Fire (Fervent, 2006)
- Beautiful One: The Best of By the Tree (Fervent, 2007)
- http://www.myspace.com/ByTheTree Official By the Tree homepage