A welcome sign in Byers.
Location in Arapahoe County and the State of Colorado
|State||State of Colorado|
|• Type||unincorporated community|
|• Total||4.3 sq mi (11.1 km2)|
|• Land||4.3 sq mi (11.1 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||5,203 ft (1,586 m)|
|• Density||286.7/sq mi (111.1/km2)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|GNIS feature ID||0204739|
Byers is located at (39.710424, -104.221698).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 4.3 square miles (11 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,233 people, 436 households, and 327 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 288.3 people per square mile (111.2/km²). There were 460 housing units at an average density of 107.6 per square mile (41.5/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 95.94% White, 0.97% Native American, 1.30% from other races, and 1.78% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.89% of the population.
There were 436 households out of which 41.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 58.5% were married couples living together, 9.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 24.8% were non-families. 18.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.83 and the average family size was 3.21.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 31.6% under the age of 18, 7.6% from 18 to 24, 29.4% from 25 to 44, 24.1% from 45 to 64, and 7.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 34 years. For every 100 females there were 103.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 103.6 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $43,750, and the median income for a family was $46,250. Males had a median income of $40,556 versus $25,750 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $17,924. About 6.0% of families and 7.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 7.5% of those under age 18 and 8.8% of those age 65 or over.
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- Colorado cities and towns
- Colorado counties
- Colorado metropolitan areas
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Colorado Trend Report 2: State and Complete Places (Sub-state 2010 Census Data). Missouri Census Data Center. Accessed 2011-02-25.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Post offices". Jim Forte Postal History. Archived from the original on 6 March 2016. Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- Dawson, John Frank (1954). Place names in Colorado: why 700 communities were so named, 150 of Spanish or Indian origin. Denver, CO: The J. Frank Dawson Publishing Co. p. 12.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Byers, Colorado.|