|Birth name||Richard Glenmor Beynon|
|Also known as||Richard Beynon, King Richard, Ratchet Richard|
|Origin||London, United Kingdom|
|Genres||Electro house, Progressive house, Dance-pop|
|Occupation(s)||DJ, Record Producer, Remixer|
|Labels||Revealed Recordings, Spinnin, Ultra Music, Atlantic Records, Perfecto Records, Armada Music, Sony Music Entertainment|
|Associated acts||Project 46, Starkillers, Dannic, Feenixpawl|
The clarinet prodigy turned DJ/Producer/Songwriter comes from a family of musicians hailing from South Wales (U.K.). He grew up in Vancouver, British Columbia. He studied at Langley Fine Arts School, Juilliard School ,and McGill University.
He was inspired to play guitar, bass, keyboards, piano and drums before becoming a clarinet player. He performed with the Surrey Youth Orchestra, the Vancouver Summer Pops Youth Orchestra and won gold at the Kiwanis International Fraser Valley Music Festival.
Collaborating with his father, BYNON arranged and produced three successful albums featuring many genres of music including classical, jazz and pop.
A seasoned performer, BYNON toured around North America, with multiple dates in Europe and Asia. Highlights include Paradiso Festival at the Gorge in Seattle, a four year residency in the Las Vegas circuit featuring Legendary Pool Party REHAB and SLS, and most recently in 2018 at îleSoniq Festival, in his adopted home town of Montreal.
With his freshman releases alongside Dannic, Project 46 & Feenixpawl, his name popped up monthly on Beatport top 10 charts, (Golden Hearts, Eyes, Home) on Revealed, Ultra Records and Atlantic throughout 2014.
At the end of 2015 BYNON's massive rework Ganja Man featuring Sean Paul went viral on Youtube, accumulating over 23 Million Views.
In early 2016, BYNON decided to focus primarily on songwriting and production, working with Sean Paul, Kaskade, Ilsey, Taryn Manning, Mako, Jane XØ and many more. He has been involved with major projects at Columbia, Atlantic, Sony and Warner Music. Corey Hart commissioned him to co-write and produce Jonathan Roy's sophomore album Mr. Optimist Blues, which included the Certified Gold Record Smash "Daniella Denmark".
He co-wrot iTunes # 1 albums and singles, and issued several solo releases and remixes in 2018.
- 2011: Richard Beynon - Close To You [Perfecto Records]
- 2011: Richard Beynon & Etienne Ozborne - I Don't Wanna Stop [HotFingers]
- 2012: Richard Beynon & Yanik Coen - Metronome [Perfecto Records]
- 2012: Starkillers & Richard Beynon Feat. Natalie Peris - What Does Tomorrow Bring [Next Plateau/Universal]
- 2012: Starkillers, Dmitry KO & Richard Beynon - Keep Pushin' [Spinnin' Records]
- 2013: Richard Beynon feat. Sam Olsson - Mirrors [Perfecto Records]
- 2013: Starkillers, Richard Beynon feat. Kai - Rampage [Spinnin' Records]
- 2013: Richard Beynon & Dmitry KO - You [Strictly Rhythm]
- 2013: Saints of Valory - Neon Eyes (Richard Beynon Remix) [Atlantic Records]
- 2014: BYNON & Project 46 - Eyes [Ultra Music]
- 2015: BYNON feat. Taryn Manning - All The Way [S2 Records]
- 2015: BYNON & Domeno feat. Alice Berg - Golden Hearts (Dannic Edit) [Revealed Recordings]
- 2015: BYNON, Feenixpawl, Project 46 feat. Melissa Ramsay - Home [Ultra Music]
- 2015: BYNON, Adam & Luwiss - Lyon (Eclypse Records)
- 2015: BYNON - Hey Hey (Ultra Records)
- 2016: BYNON, Rumors - City Of Angels (Ultra Records)
- 2016: BYNON, Project 46 - Castles (Arkade Music)
- 2016: BYNON, Sean Paul - Ganja Man (White Label)
- "RA: Richard Beynon". Resident Advisor. Retrieved 2019-03-06.