Bypass Road (film)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Naman Nitin Mukesh|
|Produced by||Madan Paliwal |
Neil Nitin Mukesh
|Written by||Neil Nitin Mukesh|
|Screenplay by||Neil Nitin Mukesh|
|Story by||Neil Nitin Mukesh|
|Starring||Neil Nitin Mukesh|
Daniel B. George
|Edited by||Bunty Nagi|
Miraj Film Creations
|Distributed by||PVR Pictures|
|Box office||est. ₹11.6 million|
Bypass Road is a 2019 Indian Hindi-language thriller-drama film directed by Naman Nitin Mukesh and written by Neil Nitin Mukesh. The film features Neil Nitin Mukesh, Adah Sharma and Shama Sikander in lead roles. The movie is produced by Neil Nitin Mukesh in association with Miraj Group. The film was released theatrically on 8 November 2019 With a budget= .
Vikram Kapoor (Neil Nitin Mukesh), a renowned fashion designer, goes through a serious accident one night and one of his top models Sarah Brigenza (Shama Sikander) is also found dead on that night in what looks like a suicide. Vikram survives but is paralyzed and has to use a wheelchair in the rest of his life. During Vikram's absence, Radhika Nair (Adah Sharma), his girlfriend, takes over his fashion studio. Vikram returns home, where his father Pratap Kapoor (Rajit Kapur) and stepmother Romila Kapoor (Gul Panag) live and he left for years. Radhika also frequently visits his house to take care of Vikram.
Police suspects Sarah did not die of suicide, but of murder, and they take Vikram as a prime suspect, because the gun that killed her found at the scene, belongs to Vikram's father Pratap, though Pratap had already reported its loss. Vikram is now meeting some accidents in his house that nearly killed him. The accidents however were arranged by his stepmother Romila, who wants herself and her blood daughter Nandini to succeed Pratap's assets.
A flashback shows Sarah and Vikram had a one-night stand, after which Sarah, though engaged to Jimmy (Taher Shabbir) already, wanted to be Vikram's girlfriend. After being refused, upset Sarah shot herself in an underground garage. Vikram was shocked and realized no witness would prove his innocence if Sarah was found dead there. So he loaded her "body" in the car and drove her to her house, where her dead body was later found.
At the present night, Vikram accidentally sees Romila's ex-boyfriend Narang Kapoor (Sudhanshu Pandey) sneaks into his house to secretly meet Romila, implying that the two had planned together those accidents in the house that nearly killed Vikram. Moreover, he has a strong feeling that someone around is secretly monitoring him.
Jimmy is another prime suspect of Sarah's death because he was seen in CCTV footage escaping from Sarah's house, right after gunshot was heard and soon Sarah's body was found. However, Jimmy is on the run from cops and some parts of the CCTV footage videos in Sarah's house that night is still missing. The existing part of CCTV footage also shows Sarah was alive after Vikram drove her home, but the Jimmy shows up there, and learns they have an affair. Jimmy and Vikram then had a fight, short before the gunshot was heard.
Pratap, Romila and Nandini leave for a cruise trip, leaving Vikram at home alone. The night they left, a masked man, apparently Narang, enters Vikram's house to attack and kill him. Paralyzed Vikram is trying his best to escape from him, and calls his girlfriend Radhika for help, who later arrives. However, Vikram is finally caught by him and Radhika cannot save him because she cannot defeat the attacker.
Police Inspector Roy arrives Vikram's house at the crucial moment, and shoots the masked attacker. To everyone's shock, he is not Narang, or Jimmy, but his father Pratap, who is supposed to be in a cruise trip with family.
Roy now reveals the story: Sarah called Pratap to inform him that she found his lost gun, asking him to visit her house to claim it. When Pratap arrived, he witnessed Vikram and Jimmy fighting each other, so he shot Sarah to frame Vikram, the two then escaped from the house to avoid suspicion. Roy learnt this only after he arrested Jimmy, who told him this story. Pratap did not go to the cruise trip, but instead, found an excuse and returned home. At the end, it is revealed that Vikram never lost his legs; he, along with his doctor, planned and acted handicapped to avenge his mother's death. Pratap was actually his uncle who had killed his mother for money, and also planned Vikram's accident.
- Neil Nitin Mukesh as Vikram Kapoor
- Adah Sharma as Radhika Nair, Vikram's girlfriend
- Shama Sikander as Sarah Brigenza
- Sudhanshu Pandey as Narang Kapoor
- Rajit Kapur as Pratap Kapoor
- Gul Panag as Romila
- Tripti Shukla
- Manish Choudhary as Inspector Himanshu Roy
- Taher Shabbir as Jimmy
- Pahal Mange (Child Artist) as Nandini
- Varun Singh Rajput as Ajay
- Errol Peter Marks as Raayo
- Bhavana Rao as Sonia
- Mukesh Bhatt as Kaka
- Ram Sujan Singh as Constable Ravi Singh
Marketing and release
The film's publicity design was handled by Jashoda Madhavji of Dream N Hustle Media.
The film was released theatrically on 8 November 2019.
|Soundtrack album by |
Raaj Ashoo, Rohan-Rohan and Sharib-Toshi
|Released||21 October 2019|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
This music of the film is composed by Raaj Ashoo, Rohan-Rohan, Sharib-Toshi and Mayur Jumani while lyrics written by Shabbir Ahmed, Rohan Gokhale and Kalim Shaikh. The song, "So Gaya Yeh Jahaan" is a remake from the song of the same name from Tezaab. It's the second remake after Nautanki Saala
|1.||"So Gaya Yeh Jahan"||Shabbir Ahmed||Raaj Ashoo||Jubin Nautiyal, Saloni Thakkar||2:32|
|2.||"Tanha Mera Pyaar"||Rohan Gokhale||Rohan-Rohan||Mohit Chauhan||5:17|
|3.||"Ishq Maine Paaya"||Kalim Shaikh||Sharib-Toshi||Sharib Sabri||3:32|
Bypass Road's opening day domestic collection was ₹18 lacs. On the second day, the film collected ₹18 lacs. On the third day, the film collected ₹18 lacs, taking total opening weekend collection to ₹54 lacs. The lifetime collection of film was ₹11.6 million.
- Taran Adarsh [@taran_adarsh] (24 October 2019). "New release date for #BypassRoad: 8 Nov 2019... PVR Pictures joins hands with Miraj Entertainment and NNM Films to distribute the film... Stars Neil Nitin Mukesh, Adah Sharma, Shama Sikander, Gul Panag, Rajit Kapur and Sudhanshu Pandey... Directed by Naman Nitin Mukesh. t.co/jkYSyP1faN" (Tweet) – via Twitter. Invalid |number= parameter (help)
- "Bypass Road". The Times of India. Retrieved 8 November 2019.
- "Bypass Road Box Office". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 22 November 2019.
- "Neil Nitin Mukesh's debut production venture 'Bypass Road' gets an auspicious start". Times Of India. Retrieved 17 September 2018.
- "Neil Nitin Mukesh, Adah Sharma to star in 'Bypass Road'". Times Of India. Retrieved 14 September 2018.
- "Bypass Road (2019)". Filmibeat.Com. Retrieved 17 September 2018.
- "Neil Nitin Mukesh & Adah Sharma's Upcoming Project Titled As Bypass Road". Koimoi.Com. Retrieved 14 September 2018.
- "Jashoda Madhavji". IMDb. Retrieved 12 February 2020.
- "Bypass Road – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". Jio Saavn.
- "Movie Review: Bypass Road". filmfare.com. Retrieved 9 November 2019.