Byram Township School District
|Byram Township School District|
|12 Mansfield Drive
Stanhope, NJ 07874
|Business administrator||Alice Bresett|
|Students and staff|
|Enrollment||1,308 (as of 2014-15)|
|District Factor Group||I|
The Byram Township School District is a comprehensive community public school district that serves students in kindergarten through eighth grade from Byram Township, in Sussex County, New Jersey, United States.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "I", the second-highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
For public school students in ninth through twelfth grades, the township shares Lenape Valley Regional High School, which also serves Netcong in Morris County and the Sussex County community of Stanhope. As of the 2014-15 school year, the high school had an enrollment of 824 students and 61.6 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 13.4:1. Students from the township had attended Sparta High School until 1974, when the Lenape Valley district was created.
- Elementary school
- Byram Lakes Elementary School serving grades K - 4 (444 students)
- Edward Abato, Principal
- Middle school
- Byram Township Intermediate School serving grades 5 - 8 (452 students)
- District information for Byram Township School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 7, 2016.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 8, 2014.
- Lenape Valley Regional High School 2016 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed July 12, 2017. "The Lenape Valley Regional High School District (LVR) is a single-school district that receives students from Byram Township and Stanhope Borough in Sussex County and from Netcong Borough in Morris County."
- School data for Lenape Valley Regional High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- Gansberg, Martin. "Netcong Links Its Problems to I‐80", The New York Times, September 29, 1974. Accessed December 14, 2016. "And taxes have taken a big jump because of the need for joining with adjacent Stanhope in operating a regional high school, Lenape Valley, which opened last week.... The reason for the increase is because Netcong had to join with Stanhope, which is in Sussex County, to construct the regional high school."
- Staff. "New Jersey Sports Lenape Start Fast", The New York Times, October 26, 1974. Accessed December 14, 2016. "Snyder is the 36‐year‐old head football coach at new Lenape Valley Regional High School, which opened its doors last month to students who formerly attended Sparta High and defunct Netcong High."
- Carlson, Joe. "Christmas star is subject of planetarium show", New Jersey Herald, November 15, 2013. Accessed December 14, 2016. "The 53-seat planetarium, the only one in Sussex County, has been teaching students about the universe since Netcong, Byram and Stanhope combined to form Lenape Valley Regional High School in 1974."
- Byram Township School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 7, 2016.
- New Jersey School Directory for the Byram Township School District, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 29, 2016.
- Staff Directory, Byram Township School District. Accessed October 8, 2017.
- New Jersey School Directory for Sussex County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 29, 2016.
- Office of the Superintendent, Byram Township School District. Accessed October 8, 2017.
- Board of Education Business Office, Byram Township School District. Accessed October 8, 2017.