Byron Township, Ogle County, Illinois
Byron Township building in Byron, Illinois, USA.
Location in Ogle County
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Supervisor||David Burnworth|
|• Total||37.24 sq mi (96.5 km2)|
|• Land||36.68 sq mi (95.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.56 sq mi (1.5 km2) 1.50%|
|Elevation||732 ft (223 m)|
|• Density||178.9/sq mi (69.1/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61010, 61047, 61061, 61102|
|GNIS feature ID||0428747|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 37.24 square miles (96.5 km2), of which 36.68 square miles (95.0 km2) (or 98.50%) is land and 0.56 square miles (1.5 km2) (or 1.50%) is water. It contains the north three-quarters of the city of Byron.
The township contains these two cemeteries: Byron City and Saint Mary's.
- Byron Community Unit School District 226
- Illinois's 16th congressional district
- State House District 89
- State Senate District 45
- "Byron Township, Ogle County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-11-23.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Seward Township, Winnebago County||Rockford Township, Winnebago County
Winnebago Township, Winnebago County
|Leaf River Township|
|Rockvale Township||Marion Township|