Left: Cédric Grolet
|Known for||Pastry, dessert|
Grolet's pastries focus on fruits and the reinterpretation of traditional French desserts. He is known for creating desserts that have a likeness to the fruits from which they're made. In order to achieve this effect, Grolet molds a thin shell of white chocolate and airbrushes it to replicate the appearance and texture of fruits such as lemons, apples, and figs.
Grolet is also the author of Fruits, a cookbook that explores his fruit-based desserts.
At age 21, Cédric moved to Paris to work at Fauchon, a French gourmet food producer. In 2011, after working at Fauchon for six years and training under Christophe Adam, he joined the team at the luxury hotel Le Meurice. In 2013, he was named the executive pastry chef at Le Meurice.
- 2015, Best Pastry Chef of the Year, Le Chef Magazine
- 2016, Relais Desserts Award for Best Pastry Chef
- 2017, Omnivore Pastry Award
- 2017, World Best Pastry Chef, "Les Grandes Tables du Monde"
- 2018, Best Pastry Chef, Gault&Millau
- 2018, Best Pastry Chef, The World's 50 Best Restaurants
em 6 de outubro de 2020, lançou mais uma obra a qual chama-se OPERA PATISSERIE. https://www.amazon.com.br/Opera-Patisserie-Cedric-Grolet/dp/2379450463
- "My life in food: Cédric Grolet, pastry chef". Independent.co.uk. Retrieved 1 June 2018.
- "Paris Pastry Chefs Are Bucking Tradition to Unforgettable Effect". Bloomberg.com. 1 December 2017. Retrieved 1 June 2018 – via www.bloomberg.com.
- "Surreal Fruit Pastries Have Made This Chef an Instagram Star". Vogue.com. Retrieved 1 June 2018.
- Nield, Maud Charmoy, translated by Isabel. "Cédric Grolet is opening his first patisserie in Paris". En.vogue.fr. Retrieved 1 June 2018.
- "Cédric Grolet ouvre sa pâtisserie... et ça donne envie". Huffingtonpost.fr. 20 March 2018. Retrieved 1 June 2018.
- "Meet Cédric Grolet: A Pastry Star on the Rise". Guide.michelin.com. Retrieved 1 June 2018.
- "How the Top Pastry Chef in the World Is Modernizing the Form". Foodandwine.com. Retrieved 1 June 2018.
- "Meet Cédric Grolet: A Pastry Star On The Rise". Guide.michelin.com. Retrieved 1 June 2018.
- "The World's 50 Best Restaurants 2018: The Full List of Winners". Eater. 2018-06-19. Retrieved 2019-12-06.