Céline Cousteau Tourfilm 2013
|Born||Céline S. Cousteau
June 6, 1972 
Los Angeles County, California, USA
|Nationality||USA and France|
|Organization||CauseCentric Productions, Céline Cousteau Film Fellowship|
|Known for||Film production and direction, exploration, conservation, design, ambassadorship|
|Spouse(s)||Çapkin van Alphen|
|Parent(s)||Jean-Michel Cousteau, Anne-Marie Cousteau|
|Relatives||Fabien Cousteau (brother)
Jacques Cousteau (grandfather), Simone Cousteau (grandmother)
Céline S. Cousteau (born June 6, 1972) is a documentary film director and producer, explorer, and designer. She is the Founder/Director of CauseCentric Productions and Founder/President of the non-profit organisation The Céline Cousteau Film Fellowship. Céline is the daughter of ocean explorer and filmmaker Jean-Michel Cousteau and granddaughter of Jacques Yves Cousteau.
Cousteau was born in California to Jean-Michel and Anne-Marie Cousteau. She grew up in France and the United States. She attended the United Nations International School in New York City, and graduated from Skidmore College in 1994, where she majored in psychology and minored in studio art. She received her master's degree in international and intercultural management from the School for International Training.
Through CauseCentric Productions, Céline Cousteau attempts to create multi-media content to extend the reach of humanitarian and environmental stories. The Céline Cousteau Film Fellowship attempts to allow young filmmakers, creatives, and activists to motivate change through storytelling.
Throughout her career, Cousteau has worked on over 18 documentaries as director, producer, and presenter. Besides the short films she produces under CauseCentric, she has spent years working on a major documentary film and engagement campaign, Tribes on the Edge. This project began as a result of a request by the tribes of the Vale do Javari, Brazilian Amazon for Céline to tell the world their story. The project will be launched in the fall of 2016.
Céline Cousteau’s associations include: member of the World Economic Forum’s (2012-2016), Guest Designer for Swarovski, Ambassador for The TreadRight Foundation, ambassador for Jane Goodall’s Roots & Shoots program, and Keen Footwear brand ambassador. Céline also sits on the advisory boards of The Himalayan Consensus and Marine Construction Technologies.
Cousteau was international spokeswoman for the La Prairie skincare company (2007-2014) and Sustainability Partner with Contiki Holidays (2010-2014). She has also served on the founding board of advisers for Adventurers and Scientists for Conservation as well as Plant a Fish.
- "Family Tree Legends". Retrieved August 16, 2014.
- McCarthy, Fiona (December 10, 2012). "Explorer Céline Cousteau on her grandfather Jacques". The Telegraph. Retrieved August 16, 2014.
- "Cause and Effect". Wag Mag.
- "Tribes on the Edge". tribesontheedge blog.
- "Global Agenda Council on Oceans" (PDF). World Economic Forum.
- "Sea inspirations for Swarovski by Céline Cousteau". Swarovski.
- "TreadRight Ambassador - Céline Cousteau". The TreadRight Foundation.
- "Celine Cousteau launches Roots & Shoots leadership programme in Abu Dhabi" (PDF). rootsnshoots org.
- "Himalaya Consensus Board". Himalaya Consensus Org.
- "Management and Advisory Team". Marine Construction Technologies.
- "Céline Cousteau". Ocen Futures Org.