|Full name||Vagno Célio do Nascimento Silva|
|Date of birth||20 May 1968|
|Place of birth||Miracema, RJ, Brazil|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|1988–1990||Vasco de Gama||47||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 08:40, 22 July 2008 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 08:40, 22 July 2008 (UTC)
He was nicknamed by fans "O Canhão do Brasileirão" (The Cannon of the Brazilian Championship) for his extremely potent right-foot shot. One of his shots was measured at 136 km/h (84.5 mph) during a test organized by Globo Esporte.
While at Corinthians, Célio Silva agreed a £4 million move to Premier League champions Manchester United in July 1997. However, United could not obtain a work permit, as the Home Office claimed that, despite Silva being a regular for Brazil for the past two years, he hadn't played enough matches for Brazil, and the move fell through. United bought Henning Berg instead.
- 1987: Copa União
- 1989: Brazilian Championship
- 1988, 1999: Campeonato Carioca
- 1991, 1992: Campeonato Gaúcho
- 1992, 1995: Copa do Brasil
- 1995, 1997: Campeonato Paulista
- 1997: Copa América
- 1999: Copa Mercosur
- 2000: Campeonato Mineiro
- 1988, 1989, 1996: Ramon de Carranza trophy
- Globo Esporte - Lembra dele? Célio Silva o canhão do Brasil
- Nixon, Alan (14 July 1997). "Work permit problem for United's Brazilian". The Independent. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- Nixon, Alan (12 August 1997). "Berg makes £5m move to United". The Independent. Retrieved 3 July 2014.