César Award for Best Film from the European Union
This is a list of the winners of and nominees for the César Award for Best Film from the European Union (Meilleur film de l'Union Européenne). The prize was awarded three times, in 2003, 2004 and 2005, and was subsequently discontinued. In 2005, two films were honoured.
A film qualified for the prize if it was shown at least seven days in a public cinema in the region of Paris between 1 January and 31 December of the previous year.
Winners and nominees
- 11'9"01 September 11, inter alia UK/France/USA/Iran, directed by inter alia Claude Lelouch, Ken Loach, and Alejandro González Iñárritu
- Gosford Park, UK, directed by Robert Altman
- The Man Without a Past (Mies vailla menneisyyttä), Finland, directed by Aki Kaurismäki
- Sweet Sixteen, UK, directed by Ken Loach
- Dogville, Denmark, directed by Lars von Trier
- The Magdalene Sisters, UK/Ireland, directed by Peter Mullan
- The Best of Youth (La meglio gioventù), Italy, directed by Marco Tullio Giordana
- Respiro, Italy/France, directed by Emanuele Crialese