In 1976 received his BA in Biology from the National University of Colombia.
He is a researcher at the Herbarium of the National Institute of Renewable Natural Resources and Environment (Colombia) (INDERENA), specialising in legumes and has made botanical expeditions within Colombia. His published work describes Indigofera species occurring in Colombia, including Indigofera hirsuta, Indigofera lespedezioides and Indigofera suffruticosa. In August 2008 he described and named 41 new Trianea species. 50 species are listed under his abbreviation C.Barbosa.
- "Back Cover" (PDF). The Wilson Bulletin 95 (4). 1983.
- Moreira, João Luiz de Arruda; Azevedo-Tozzi, Ana Maria Goulart de (June 1997). "Indigofera L. (Leguminosae, Papilionoideae) no estado de São Paulo, Brasil". Revista Brasileira de Botânica (in Portuguese) (scielo) 20: 97–117. doi:10.1590/S0100-84041997000100010. ISSN 0100-8404.
- Trianea, Acta Cient. Tecnol. Inderena and Caldasia
- "IPNI Plant Name Query Results". The International Plant Names Index. Retrieved 18 August 2011.
- "Author Query for 'C.Barbosa'". International Plant Names Index.
|This article about a Colombian botanist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|