César Chávez High School (Phoenix, Arizona)
|Cesar Chavez High School|
|3921 West Baseline Road
Laveen, Arizona 85339
|Type||Public secondary school|
|Number of students||2,583 (September 1, 2016)|
|Color(s)||Purple and Silver|
Cesar Chavez High School is part of the Phoenix Union High School District. The campus is located at 3921 West Baseline Road, south of Phoenix, in Laveen, Arizona. Cesar Chavez's enrollment is approximately 2,387 students, over 60 percent of whom are Hispanic. The school predominantly serves students from partner elementary districts Laveen and Roosevelt; however, students from across the district come to Cesar Chavez for large Advanced Placement and Honors program, Freshmen House, performing arts, and athletic programs.
||This article contains embedded lists that may be better presented using prose. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Cesar Chavez is a Performing school, according to the Arizona Department of Education.
- Chavez seniors earned $1.5 million in scholarships in 2008.
- The Academic Decathlon team is a rising star, qualifying for its first state championship in 2008.
- The school was the first new school built in the District in 27 years. Since then, five new schools have opened.
- The school's nickname, Champions, was inspired by its namesake, Cesar Chavez, a champion of human rights.