|Purpose||Scientifically challenging paranormal claims, pseudoscience and superstition|
The Círculo Escéptico (English: Skeptical Circle) is a Spanish rationalist nonprofit organisation, which seeks to scientifically question paranormal claims, pseudoscience and superstition, favouring critical thinking and scientific skepticism.
The Círculo Escéptico was founded in 2006 and is a member of the European Council of Skeptical Organisations (ECSO). It is one of the two major skeptical organisations in the country, the other being ARP-SAPC.
Círculo Escéptico hosts several Skeptics in the Pub (Escépticos en el Pub) events in Spain. It annually awards a Journalism and Critical Thinking Prize to whoever has encouraged critical thinking and scientific skepticism in the Spanish media the most. In 2016, the first prize was awarded posthumously to José Carlos Pérez Cobo.
- ^ Patricia Gosálvez (3 May 2011). "La cultura no nos cura de la superstición". El País (in Spanish). Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- ^ Sergio C. Fanjul (18 April 2015). "El hombre polilla nos visita". El País (in Spanish). Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- ^ "Skeptics Organisations: ECSO Members". ECSO website. European Council of Skeptical Organisations. 16 March 2008. Archived from the original on 27 September 2014. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- ^ Javier Pedreira (17 February 2014). "El movimiento escéptico en España: pensamiento crítico que ha crecido con Internet y en la calle" (in Spanish). RTVE. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- ^ "Escépticos En El Pub" (in Spanish). Círculo Escéptico. Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- ^ "I. Premio José Carlos Pérez Cobo de periodismo y pensamiento crítico" (in Spanish). Círculo Escéptico. 18 July 2016. Retrieved 18 August 2016.