|Fate||sold to IBM in 2011|
|Founded||1990 (as IT Design)|
|John Hearne co-founder and CEO, Ronan Rooney co-founder and CTO|
|Products||Cúram Business Application Suite|
Number of employees
|Slogan||"People Not Programs"|
Cúram Software was an Irish software company headquartered in Dublin, Ireland with offices in Australia, Germany, India, the United Kingdom and the United States. The company produces Social Enterprise Management (SEM) software and offers consulting services, certification, and training. Their name is an Irish word for "Care and Protection". The company was founded in 1990.
Their main software product is the Cúram Business Application Suite. This is an administrative software packages that allows welfare and unemployment agencies to manage the programs they administer. The company's products have found government buyers in a number of U.S. states, Canadian Provinces, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Guernsey, U.K., etc.
It was purchased by IBM in December 2011. The purchase of Cúram was part of the investments IBM is making to support the convergence of health and human services issues and gives healthcare organizations the ability to focus on the “whole individual” when addressing the causes of health and disease. The commitment is “unprecedented” in that it allows IBM customers to implement strategies that improve the health of the population as well as the patient experience while also managing the growth of costs.  IBM’s acquisition of Cúram brought enterprise capabilities into IBM’s broader Smarter Care strategy. These capabilities resulted in Cúram being chosen as a key component for New York State’s Medicaid redesign program. 
A system deployed by Cúram for Minnesota health insurance exchange MNsure caused widely-reported problems in 2013, including duplicate applications, delayed applications and applicants losing employment being left with no coverage at all for a month or more.
Your product has not delivered promised functionality and has seriously hindered Minnesotans' abilities to purchase health insurance or apply for public health care programs through MNsure. I request that you immediately deploy whatever people or resources are needed to correct the defects in your product that are preventing Minnesotans from obtaining health insurance through MNsure.
In March, 2014 MNsure’s interim CEO Scott Leitz reported that things are working better due to 100 new staff members at its overloaded call center and fewer website errors. According to Leitz, “It’s stable and it is in much better shape than it was in the fall and it’s the best place for people to go.” 
In 2014, an IBM/Cúram system deployed for the Ministry of Community and Social Services (Ontario) welfare programme "Ontario Works" caused thousands of duplicate payments, while not paying many welfare recipients at all. Some were unable to pay for rent or electricity, in some cases leading to their eviction.
Cúram solutions are being used today in projects around the world. In Denmark and Catalonia, Spain, healthcare systems are using Cúram to help cut re-admissions and improve care. In Florida, the South Florida Behavioral Network  is using the software to help improve care coordination and prevent gaps in care for people suffering from mental illnesses. It is being used to connect benefits administrators, healthcare agencies, clinicians and case managers across more than 40 healthcare and service providers.
- "Turnover at Dublin software firm surges to $30m", The Sunday Business Post, Sunday, May 21, 2006: Gavin Daly. Accessed June 27, 2008.
- Enterprise Ireland: , accessed June 27, 2008.
- "IBM News room - 2011-12-20 IBM Completes Acquisition of Cúram Software - United States".
- "Perspective: The Convergence of Health and Human Services – IBM’s Commitment". IDC Health Insights. November 2014.
- "IBM Smarter Care stakes a claim in the neglected ground of care management". Ovum. 29 October 2014.
- "Dayton blames tech vendor IBM Curam for many of MNsure's problems". MinnPost.
- "What Went Wrong with Minnesota’s Insurance Exchange". MPRNews. 12 March 2014.
- "Social assistance computer error sees millions paid out by mistake". CBC Toronto. 28 November 2014.
- "Hamilton residents evicted due to faulty software: Whitehead". CBC Hamilton. 18 December 2014.
- "Healthcare Industry Sees Big Data As More Than a Bandage". CIO.com. 25 March 2015.
- "Improving Care Coordination for Mental Health Patients". Pharma Voice. 25 March 2015.
- Cúram Software home page
- Smarter Cities
- Article on use of Cúram products by New Zealand Government from The Dominion Post
- Cúram Software Utah state implementation featured in Government Technology magazine annual list of 'Doers, Dreamers and Drivers
- Story in Government Technology on use of Cúram products being used to simplify social services in Indiana
- HPtoday announced a new global agreement
|This article about an IT-related or software-related company or corporation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|