Căile Ferate Române Line 800
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Medgidia railway station
|Locale||Ialomiţa, Constanţa, Călăraşi|
|Transit type||Passenger, Cargo|
|Number of lines||5|
|Number of stations||13|
|Operator(s)||Căile Ferate Române|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) (standard gauge)|
Line 800 is one of CFR's main lines in Romania, having a total length of 268 km. The main line, connecting Bucharest with the Black Sea coast at Mangalia, passes through Feteşti, Medgidia and Constanţa.
This railway line was upgraded and since July 2014 trains can run on most distance with a speed of 160 km/h for passenger trains, and 120 km/h for freight trains. The fastest passenger trains can cover the distance of 225 km between Bucharest and Constanta in less than two hours.
- 800 Bucureşti (North) – Ciulnița – Feteşti – Medgidia – Constanţa – Mangalia (225 km)
- 801 Bucureşti (Obor) – Titan (South) – Oltenița (79 km)
- 802 Slobozia – Călăraşi (Sud) (44 km)
- 803 Medgidia – Negru Vodă (58 km)
- 804 Medgidia – Tulcea (144 km)
- "(untitled)" (PDF). CFR. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 27, 2007.
- Mihai Alexandru Crăciun (12 July 2014). "Premieră absolută în România: Un tren circulă cu 160 km/h pe oră!". Capital (in Romanian).