|• Mayor||Grigorie Repesciuc|
|Elevation||7 m (23 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
|Area code(s)||+373 243|
The 17th century Assumption of Our Lady Church is the oldest surviving building in the town . It is set more than 3 feet (0.91 m) below ground level and preserves the only medieval fresco in the Republic of Moldova. Executed by Walachian painters in a late Byzantine-Romanian style, the interiors feature religious scenes and iconography in vibrant reds, gold, and blues.
- Anatol Petrencu (born 1954), Moldovan politician
- Bianna Golodryga (born 1978), American journalist born in Căușeni
- Results of Population and Housing Census in the Republic of Moldova in 2014: "Characteristics - Population (population by communes, religion, citizenship)" (XLS). National Bureau of Statistics of the Republic of Moldova. 2017. Retrieved 1 May 2017.
- Republic of Moldova 2014 Population Census
- "Kaushany". Jewish Virtual Library. Retrieved 3 June 2017.
- "Девушка из Каушан стала известной телеведущей в США". Vybor Moldova (in Russian). 30 December 2016. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Căușeni.|
|This Căușeni District location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|