Club de Deportes Green Cross
|Full name||Club de Deportes Green Cross|
|Founded||June 27th, 1916|
|Ground||Estadio Nacional, Santiago|
The club was founded on June 27, 1916, and their first chairman was Francisco Tapia. It was one of the 8 teams that founded the professional Chilean football league, in 1933.
The club won their first, and only, Chilean league title in 1945.
In April 1961 a number of players were killed in a plane crash in the Chilean Andes. The remains of the plane were found ten days after the accident. The wreckage was rediscovered in February 2015 by a climbing party.
- Primera División de Chile (1): 1945.
- Segunda División de Chile (2): 1960, 1963.
- Honour Division of Liga Metropolitana de Deportes (2): 1917, 1918.
- Nino Brusadelli Cup (1): 1928.
Records and Data
- Seasons in Primera División: 25 (1933-1934; 1939-1958; 1961-1962; 1964).
- Seasons in Segunda División: 3 (1959-1960; 1963).
- Bigger victory achieved:
- Bigger defeat received:.
- Best position in Primera División: 1º (1945)
- Worst position in Primera División: 18º (1962)
- Best scorer: Juan Morcillo (75 goals)
|This article about sports in Chile is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a South American football club is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|