C.S. Mott Children's Hospital
This article needs to be updated.February 2016)(
|C.S. Mott Children's Hospital|
|University of Michigan Health System|
C.S. Mott Children's & Von Voigtlander Women's Hospital
|Location||Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States|
|Affiliated university||University of Michigan|
|Lists||Hospitals in Michigan|
The C.S. Mott Children's Hospital is a pediatric hospital through the University of Michigan Health System in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The hospital, financed with a large donation from C.S. Mott, replaced the University Hospital's pediatric wards in 1969. Although commonly understood to be a physical health complex, C.S. Mott Children's Hospital also includes a youth and adolescent psychiatric ward separate from the rest of the children's hospital. In 2006, the university broke ground to build a new $754 million facility that opened as of November 2011. The building contains 348 single, private room beds divided between the children's and women's hospital including a dedicated pediatric emergency department. The children's hospital is consistently ranked as one of the top pediatric centers in the country according to U.S. News & World Report.
- "Health System (University of Michigan) publications 1892–2006". University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library. Retrieved 2011-04-04.
- Reed, Tina. "New C.S. Mott's Children's Hospital to Open a Year ahead of Schedule". AnnArbor.com. Retrieved 2011-04-04.
- "About U-M: U-M Health System". University of Michigan. Archived from the original on 2011-06-17. Retrieved 2011-04-04.
- U.S. News & World Report online website, at http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/area/mi/university-of-michigan-cs-mott-childrens-hospital-PA6440110 .
- Jonah Comstock, "University of Michigan children’s hospital targets obesity with telemedicine, wearables," in mobihealthnews website, April 21, 2015, at http://mobihealthnews.com/42543/university-of-michigan-childrens-hospital-targets-obesity-with-telemedicine-wearables/ .
- Robert Preidt, "Most Adults Don't Support Medical Marijuana for Kids, Poll Finds," U.S. News and World Report online, April 22, 2015, at http://health.usnews.com/health-news/articles/2015/04/22/most-adults-dont-support-medical-marijuana-for-kids-poll-finds (reports about a C. S. Mott Children's Hospital poll).
- "Red Wings Players Donated $312,590 To Support Charitable Programs in 2014-15," CBS Detroit online, April 16, 2015, at http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2015/04/16/red-wings-players-donated-312590-to-support-charitable-programs-in-2014-15/ .
- Kelly Frazier,"Hip Hop Artist Common Set to Headline University of Michigan's MUSIC Matters Benefit Show," Huffington Post, 4/15/2015, at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kelly-frazier/hip-hop-artist-common-set_b_7067488.html .
- Dan Seaborn, "Winning At Home: The benefits of 'sharenting'," Holland Sentinel online (Holland, Mich.), Apr. 10, 2015, at http://www.hollandsentinel.com/article/20150410/ENTERTAINMENTLIFE/150419996/2004/LIFESTYLE .