|Born||13 July 1958|
|Occupation||Actor, director, producer, Ex-MLA|
|Relatives||C. Durai Pandian (brother) Kavitha Pandian(daughter) Keerthi Pandian (daughter),|
Arun Pandian is an Indian film actor, director, producer and politician. He began his career as an actor with the critically acclaimed film Oomai Vizhigal (1986). After retiring from acting, he took the post of chief producer for the London-based Ayngaran International, a film production and distribution company, however, he later started his own production and distribution company A&P Groups.
He became a Member of Legislative Assembly in 2011 after contesting in the Tamil Nadu legislative assembly election as a Desiya Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam (DMDK) candidate for the constituency of Peravurani. On 21 February 2016, Arun Pandian and nine other MLAs tendered their resignations prior to the Assembly election in the state. On 25 February 2016, he joined the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) in the presence of party general secretary and Tamil Nadu chief minister Jayalalithaa. He is alleged as one of the politicians in Tamil Nadu supporting the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam.
Family and education
He is son of retired Lieutenant colonel D. P. Chellaiah and resides in Chennai. His late brother C. Durai Pandian directed the film Uzhiyan (1994) with Arun Pandian starring in the lead role. He has three daughters, named Kavitha Pandian, Kirana Pandian, and Keerthi Pandian. He holds a Bachelors in economics from Madras University.
|1990||Inaindha Kaigal||David Kumar||Tamil|
|1991||Adhikari||Duraipandi||Tamil||Dubbed into Telugu as Customs Officer|
|Prema Shikharam||Anthony||Telugu||Dubbed into Tamil as Rojakkal Unakkaga|
|1993||Mutrugai||Balakrishnan||Tamil||Dubbed into Telugu as Lakshyam|
|Dhadi||Sivaji||Telugu||Dubbed into Tamil as Police Attack|
|Nakshathra Poratam||Bhagath||Telugu||Dubbed into Tamil as Nakshatra Poratam|
|1994||Uzhiyan||Thilakan||Tamil||Dubbed into Telugu as Indian Citizen|
|Dongala Rajyam||Surendran||Telugu||Dubbed into Tamil as Chinna Durai Periya Durai|
|1995||Asuran||Prasad||Tamil||Dubbed into Telugu as Commando|
|Aavathum Pennale Azhivathum Pennale||Anthony||Tamil||Dubbed into Telugu as Adhikari|
|Aayudha||Daniel||Kannada||Dubbed into Tamil as Thilagavathi CBI|
Dubbed into Telugu as CID
|1997||Hai Bangalore||Vasudev||Kannada||Dubbed into Tamil as Time Bomb|
Dubbed into Telugu as Political Encounter
|Jackie Chan||ACP Simha||Kannada||Dubbed into Tamil and Telugu as Jackie Chan|
|Akka||Inspector Ajay||Kannada||Dubbed into Tamil as Commissioner Ajay|
|Lady Commissioner||Suraj||Kannada||Dubbed into Tamil as Kiran I.P.S|
|Lady Tiger||Kannada||Dubbed into Tamil as Lady Tiger|
|Yuva Shakthi||Yuvaraj||Kannada||Dubbed into Tamil as Pulanaivu Thurai|
|Kadavul||Thamizharasan||Tamil||Dubbed into Telugu as Shakti|
|1998||Amar Akbar Anthony||Anthony||Kannada||Dubbed into Tamil as Rowdy Vamsam|
Dubbed into Telugu as Rowdy Vamsham
|Urimai Por||ACP Raja Yesu Mohamed||Tamil|
|Naga Sakthi||Danush||Telugu||Dubbed into Tamil as Naga Devi|
|Police||Vijay||Telugu||Dubbed into Tamil as No. 1 Police|
|The Killer||Gowda||Kannada||Dubbed into Tamil as Kakki Chattaya Karuppu Chattaya|
|Independence Day||SP Subhash||Tamil
|Nagulamma||Veeranna||Telugu||Dubbed into Tamil as Nagathamman|
|Ee Tharam Nehru||Ranjith||Telugu|
|Sradha||Dr. Lucifer Munna||Malayalam||Dubbed into Tamil as Dhool Police|
|Kaatrukkenna Veli||LTTE soldier||Tamil|
|2002||Devan||Alex Devan (Jackson)||Tamil||Also director|
|Kovai Brothers||Dr. Gnanasekaran||Tamil|
|Madurai Ponnu Chennai Paiyan||Visaa's uncle||Tamil|
|2010||Thambi Arjuna||Chief Minister||Tamil|
- Sakka Podu Podu Raja (2017)
- Velaikkaran (2017)
- Maayavan (2017)
- Sarkar (2018)
- Viswasam (2019)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 4 August 2010. Retrieved 10 November 2009.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- The Hindu : States / Tamil Nadu : Two more DMDK MLAs meet Jayalalithaa
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 April 2013. Retrieved 2012-10-10.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 April 2013. Retrieved 13 January 2013.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Tamil Nadu: Ten dissident MLAs resign, to join AIADMK". Deccan Chronicle. 21 February 2016. Retrieved 27 May 2018.
- "Ten former DMDK, PMK and PT MLAs join AIADMK in Tamil Nadu". The Times of India. 25 February 2016. Retrieved 27 May 2018.
- "Tamil Nadu Assembly: 10 Opposition MLAs to join AIADMK". The Indian Express. 18 March 2016. Retrieved 27 May 2018.
- Arun Pandiyan- A pro-LTTE MLA from Tamil Nadu visited Jaffna secretly | Asian Tribune
- [dead link]
- "Costume Designer turned to an actress!". entertainment.chennaipatrika.com. 28 February 2015. Retrieved 8 November 2016.