C. B. Bucknor
|C. B. Bucknor|
Bucknor in 2012
|Born: August 23, 1962|
|April 4, 1996|
|Career highlights and awards|
In 2003 and in 2006, Sports Illustrated surveys of active major league players voted Bucknor as the worst umpire in MLB. In a 2010 ESPN survey of 100 active players, Bucknor was again named the worst umpire in MLB.
On May 1, 2012, Bucknor suffered an undisclosed injury during a game between the Pittsburgh Pirates and St. Louis Cardinals and was forced to leave the contest. He was listed as "day-to-day" following the injury and was replaced by minor league call-up umpire D.J. Reyburn the following day.
Bucknor resides in Brooklyn, New York. He works with the Bonnie Youth Club in Brooklyn and was inducted into the Bonnies Hall of Fame in 2000 as well as the Cortland Athletic Hall of Fame in October 2002. Bucknor is actively involved with teaching baseball to children in Jamaica. He also collects toys and helps to organize an annual "Treat Day"—a holiday party, featuring athletic events, video games and picnics—for over 300 children in Jamaica. In 2008, he was inducted into the Brooklyn Parade Ground Baseball League Hall of Fame.
- "Sports Illustrated's 2003 player survey". Sports Illustrated. July 2, 2003.
- "Sports Illustrated's 2006 player survey". Sports Illustrated. June 20, 2006. Archived from the original on April 18, 2010. Retrieved April 28, 2010.
- Jim Joyce tops survey; players nix replay ESPN
- Justin Verlander walks one in near-perfect no-hitter ESPN.com. Retrieved July 27, 2012
- "Injuries: CB Bucknor, Ed Hickox Struck in HSMs." Close Call Sports and the Umpire Ejection Fantasy League. July 13, 2013.
- "CB Bucknor Day-to-Day After Leaving Tuesday's Game." Close Call Sports and the Umpire Ejection Fantasy League. May 2, 2012.
- Umpire CB Bucknor leaves after he's hit by pitch FoxSports.com. Retrieved July 13, 2013
- "MLB.com Umpire profile page".
- "UEFL Profile of MLB Umpire: CB Bucknor." Close Call Sports and the Umpire Ejection Fantasy League. October 1, 2013.