C. D. Hylton High School
|14051 Spriggs Road
Woodbridge, Virginia 22193
|School type||Public, high school|
|Motto||We Are Family, Working Together for Total Success|
|School district||Prince William County Public Schools|
|Principal||David J. Cassady Jr.|
|Color(s)||Navy and Gold|
The school is named after real estate developer Cecil D. Hylton, who built thousands of homes in Dale City, Virginia and surrounding areas. Cecil D. Hylton donated the land that the school grounds are currently using.
In 2011, Mrs. Carolyn Custard (former Hylton High School principal) became the Director of Student Services for Prince William County Public Schools.
In May 2007, Newsweek Magazine ranked Hylton High School, 298th in the nation on its annual list of "Best High Schools in America."
The following information was provided by PWCS.edu's School Data Profiles found on their website.
In the 2011-2012 school year, Hylton's student body was:
- 32.6% Hispanic
- 37.8% Black/African American
- 10.5% Two or More Races
- 6.6% Asian
- 0.5% American Indian/Alaskan
- 0.2% Hawaiian/Pacific Islander
- Ahmad Brooks - Linebacker, San Francisco 49ers
- Deon Butler - Wide Receiver, Seattle Seahawks
- Grover Gibson - Kickers Emden Germany Pro Soccer
- David Stokes - Former D.C. United player (MLS), former Carolina RailHawks player (USL), current coach at Patriot High School (Prince William County)
- Ali Krieger – Professional Soccer player; Orlando Pride, United States Women's National Soccer Team, 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup champion, U.S. Olympian
- Darius Reynolds - football player
- Amy Tong - 2000 U.S. Olympian, Judo -78 kg
- Tommy Adams - Former Basketball Guard; 2002 MEAC Player of the Year at Hampton University
- Samuel Johnson - Shooting Guard, Washington Wizards
CISL (Center for International Studies and Languages) directed by: Mrs. Betsy Campagna and Ms. Megan Baker
CISL (pronounced “sizzle”) is the Center for International Studies and Languages at C. D. Hylton Senior High School. The CISL program allows students to follow a comprehensive program of study in pursuit of global awareness. It is a rigorous and challenging four-year course of study designed for academically motivated students who desire to enhance their opportunities for success in today's globally interdependent environment. Students who successfully complete this intensive program will receive a CISL certificate to accompany the advanced studies diploma and wear the CISL stole at graduation.
The program components are:
- A series of courses that emphasize an appreciation and understanding of world languages, world cultures, and global issues
- Selected extracurricular programs and community service activities promoting international awareness and global communication
- An exit interview demonstrating a working knowledge of a world language
- An interdisciplinary research paper conducted as an independent project through the AP Comparative Government class
- CISL prepares students for success in today’s global marketplace: for university study and a future international career.
Television Production directed by Mr. Michael Davis and Mr. Allan Chacey