C. J. Henry
May 31, 1986 |
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
|Listed height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Listed weight||200 lb (91 kg)|
|High school||Putnam City
(Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Southern Nazarene (2010–2011)
Carl Joshua Henry, Jr. (born May 31, 1986) is an outfielder for the Evansville Otters of the Frontier League. Henry is a former college basketball player for the Southern Nazarene University men's basketball team.
Henry attended Putnam City High School (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma), where he starred at basketball and baseball. Henry was named to the 2005 USA Today All-USA high school baseball team and became a top prospect. He was also heavily recruited as a point guard and committed to play for the Kansas Jayhawks team on May 19, 2005, choosing the Jayhawks over North Carolina and Texas.
Henry played for the Lakewood BlueClaws of the Phillies' organization, but was released following the 2007 season. The Yankees re-signed Henry, assigning him to the Class-A Advanced Tampa Yankees for the 2008 season. In 272 minor-league games, Henry hit .222 and made 57 errors. Following his continuing baseball struggles, Henry quit baseball and returned to basketball.
Henry's brother, Xavier, was a top recruit by John Calipari to attend Memphis beginning in the 2009-10 year. However, when Calipari left to accept the coaching job for the Kentucky Wildcats, the Henry brothers decided to commit to the Kansas Jayhawks, with Xavier released from his letter of intent with Memphis, and C. J. transferring.
C. J. was a redshirt freshman at Kansas in the 2009-10 year, and he was eligible to play for the 2009-10 Kansas Jayhawks men's basketball team. On August 27, 2010, NAIA school Southern Nazarene University announced that Henry had transferred to the school. He became a starter and the team's leading scorer in the 2010-11 season.
|Name||Hometown||High school / college||Height||Weight||Commit date|
|C. J. Henry
|Oklahoma City, OK||Putnam City HS||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)||200 lb (91 kg)|
|Scout: N/A Rivals: 247Sports: N/A ESPN grade: N/A|
- Ballyhooed Oklahoman commits to KU
- Scout.com: Henry Goes Walking In Memphis
- C.J. Henry on the move again | The Lohud Yankees Blog
- James Pennington. "Father of No. 1 recruit, Xavier Henry, says he will decommit from Memphis". Kentucky Kernel. March 31, 2009. Retrieved on April 1, 2009.
- C.J. Henry talented, too | KUsports.com
- Career statistics and player information from Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Scout profile: C.J. Henry
- Player Bio: C. J. Henry - MEMPHIS OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE
- C. J. Henry - Basketball Recruiting