C. Raj Kumar
Professor C. Raj Kumar is the Founding Vice-Chancellor of O. P. Jindal Global University in Sonipat, Haryana, India, and the Dean of the Jindal Global Law School, a private university, promoted by politician and businessman Naveen Jindal.
Kumar is also a member of the National Legal Knowledge Council (NLKC) in India. Kumar was a faculty member at the School of Law of City University of Hong Kong. He has held consultancy assignments in the field of human rights and governance. He has been a Consultant to the United Nations University, Tokyo; United Nations Development Programme; and the International Council for Human Rights Policy (ICHRP), Geneva. He has advised the Commission to Investigate Allegations of Bribery or Corruption (CIABOC) in Sri Lanka and the National Human Rights Commission of India on issues relating to corruption and good governance. He also was a research fellow at the NYU Law School  where he started dreaming of building a quality institution like Oxford and Harvard in India and met Professor Peter Shuck and Professor Norman Dorsen who helped him realize it.
Kumar received a Rhodes Scholarship to study at University of Oxford, where he obtained his Bachelor of Civil Law (B.C.L.) degree; a Landon Gammon Fellow at the Harvard Law School where he obtained his Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree
Kumar taught courses at the City University of Hong Kong and delivered lectures at other places, including: “Law of Human Rights and Civil Liberties”, “Human Rights, Development and Governance”, “Introduction to Constitutional & Administrative Law”, “Introduction to Public Law”, “Business and Law”, and “Globalisation and Legal Research Methodology”. Kumar also taught at Meiji Gakuin University Tokyo, as well as Toin University of Yokohama.
- Corruption and Human Rights in India: Comparative Perspectives on Transparency and Good Governance (2011), published by the Oxford University Press
- Terrorism, Human Security and Development: Human Rights Perspectives (forthcoming,2012), to be published by the United Nations University Press, approx. 300 pages (co-editor)
- Human Rights, Justice and Constitutional Empowerment (January 2007) published by the Oxford University Press
- Tsunami and Disaster Management: Law and Governance (September 2006) published by Thomson Sweet & Maxwell Asia
- Human Rights and Development: Law, Policy and Governance (July 2006) published by LexisNexis (Butterworths)
- "Open the windows for Indian universities". Hindustan Times. 17 January 2014. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- "SPEAKER SERIES: December 5 India's Challenges for Globalizing Legal Education: Role of Faculty, Research in Institution Building". Harvard Law School. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- "Build It and They Will Come Raj Kumar LL.M. ’00 wants to reform India’s legal system—one law student at a time". Harvard Law Bulletin. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- "Institution Building - Cover Story". Edutech 4 (4): 20–23. March–April 2013.
- Corruption and Human Rights in India: C. Raj Kumar - Oxford University Press
- Amazon.com: Human Rights, Justice and Constitutional Empowerment (9780198068860): C. Raj Kumar, D. Chockalingam: Books
- Wildy & Sons Ltd — The World’s Legal Bookshop : Tsunami and Disaster Management: Law and Governance