Prof. C. Raveendranath
|Office||General Education Department|
|Political party||Communist Party of India (Marxist)|
|Spouse(s)||M. K. Vijayam|
Prof. C. Raveendranath is an Indian politician and is the incumbent Minister for Education of the Government of Kerala in the Pinarayi Vijayan Ministry. He is a Communist Party of India (Marxist) politician from Thrissur and the member of the Kerala Legislative Assembly from Puthukkad Assembly constituency since 2011. He is a retired Chemistry professor of St. Thomas College, Thrissur.
He had also worked as the resource person of Total Literacy Programme, consultant to the State Planning Board, district convenor of People's Planning programme. Officials remember him tapping MLA-MP funds and three-tier panchayats for implementing projects in agriculture, horticulture, floriculture and in dairying. Some of the projects include ‘Nivedya Kadali' of providing bananas to Guruvayur temple, supplying organic vegetables to Oushadhi, a state government entity producing Ayurvedic medicines, Natural Fresh Milk Scheme for supply in Thrissur town. He also got as many as 150 classrooms in 79 schools converted into high-tech classrooms.
He is born to K. Peethambaran Kartha and C. Lekshmikutty Kunjamma on 22 November 1955. He is married to Prof. M. K. Vijayam and have two children, Dr Lakshmi Devi and Jayakrishnan. Prof. C. Raveendranath was active in Kerala Shastra Sahithya Parishad and AKPCTA during his academic life.
He has a master's degree in Science and was a Chemistry professor in St. Thomas College, Thrissur. He is an active worker of the CPI(M), Area Committee Member and the Kerala Sastra Sahithya Parishad.
He has written three books
- Niyamasabhaprasangangal (നിയമസഭാപ്രസംഗങ്ങൾ)
- Navalibaral athava Drurithangalude Nayam (നവലിബറൽ അഥവാ ദുരിതങ്ങളുടെ നയം)
- ASEAN Kararinte Yatharthyangal (ആസിയാൻകരാറിന്റെ യാഥാർത്ഥ്യങ്ങൾ)
- "Prof. C. Ravindranath - Government of Kerala, India". Retrieved 8 April 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Myneta Info". PROF.C.RAVEENDRANATH. Retrieved 12 May 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "KERALA LEGISLATURE - MEMBERS". Niyamasabha. Archived from the original on 12 May 2012. Retrieved 12 May 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)