C18 (C standard revision)
C18 and C17 are informal names for ISO/IEC 9899:2018, the most recent standard for the C programming language, published in June 2018. It replaced C11 (standard ISO/IEC 9899:2011). Support was scheduled for GCC 8 and LLVM Clang 6.0 .
Changes from C11
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (August 2018)
C18 addressed defects in C11 without introducing new language features.
__STDC_VERSION__ macro is increased to the value
- C99, ANSI C, previous standards for the C programming language
- C++20, C++17, C++14, C++11, C++03, C++98, versions of the C++ programming language standard
- Compatibility of C and C++
- N2176, final draft of the standard
- N2244, defect report summary for C11
- ISO C Working Group's official website
- Gustedt, Jens (April 17, 2018). "C17", changes from C11
|C language standards||Succeeded by|
|This programming-language-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|