|Also known as||Coups2Cross|
|Genres||Electronica, trip hop, electro swing, alternative hip hop|
|Labels||On and On Records|
|Associated acts||Hocus Pocus, Beat Torrent|
C2C (also known as Coups2Cross) was formed in 1998 in the city of Nantes. The collaboration group consists of 4 French DJs: Atom and pFeL from Beat Torrent and 20Syl and Greem from Hocus Pocus. Each member of the group uses his turntable as an instrument, recreating in turn drums, bass guitars, scratching a riff of guitar or shearing the brass.
They met during their high school years and as teens they were fascinated by the work of DJ Qbert and DJ Shadow, the founding fathers of turntablism. They set off to make a name for themselves at the turn of the millennium and soon started developing their own unique performing style.
In September 2006, C2C won their fourth DMC (Disco Mix Club) team world champion title in a row. With their previous victories in 2003, 2004 and 2005, they achieved a first quadruple. They also won the ITF team championship in 2005 and the Hip Hop World Challenge title. This rise lead them in parallel to perform all around the world with DJ Qbert, A-Trak, DJ Kentaro, Scratch Perverts or DJ Vadim.
Both 20syl and Greem are founders of Hocus Pocus. Their album on Motown has earned them two nominations at the French Grammies. DJ Atom and pFeL, founders of Beat Torrent have performed almost one thousand concerts and have been featured in each other's album releases.
The group released their first EP called Down the Road EP on January 23, 2012, and their first album, Tetra (stylized as Tetr4) on 3 September 2012. The cover of this album was done by design agency LVL Studio, and features a photograph by Wang Chien-Yang. The single 'Down The Road' was voted into 88th place in the annual Triple J's Hottest 100 of 2012.
C2C is a winner of the 2013 European Border Breakers Awards, which honor the best new music acts in Europe. The award ceremony takes place at the Eurosonic Noorderslag music festival in Groningen, Netherlands.
The band uses tailor-made LED-display systems to provide a dynamic visual representation of their performance. During the summer of 2012 the group toured around Europe performing in many sold out events. In early 2013, they received two European Border Breakers Awards, one as the laureate for France, the other being the Public Choice award.
During their AV tour they included original ideas of enhancing their live performance. “Every time we drop a sound there will be a visual,” says pFeL. “It brings another dimension to the show.”
|DJ Atom (Thomas Le Vexier)||Beat Torrent founding member and producer at Soul Square||Turntables, keyboards, programming (studio & live)|
|20syl (Sylvain Richard)||Hocus Pocus MC & founding member||MC (studio & live), guitar (live)|
|DJ Greem (Guillaume Jaulen)||Hocus Pocus DJ, Vinyl Addict radio host, Ex Tribeqa DJ||engineering (studio), bass (live)|
|DJ pFeL (Pierre Forestier )||Beat Torrent founding member & ex Beat Assailant DJ||Drums (studio & live)|
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions||Certifications|
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|Down the Road EP||18|
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Down the Road"||2012||1||103||9||97||36||Tetra|
|"Happy" (feat. Derek Martin)||13||73||10||76||60|
- Other charted songs
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Who Are You" (feat. Olivier Daysoul)||167||—|
|"Because Of You" (feat. Pigeon John)||182||—|
|"Genius" (feat. Gush)||193||—|
- "C2C: Biography". The DJ List. Retrieved 2015-08-12.
- "DMC World DJ Championships - The Home Of The Worlds Biggest DJ Competition". Dmcdjchamps.com. 2011-10-06. Retrieved 2015-08-12.
- "C2C :: Official Website: TETRA, Down the Road, Music, Tour Dates, Gallery, Photos, Videos, Shop | About". C2cmusic.fr. Retrieved 2015-08-12.
- [dead link]
- ""Tetra" - C2C : l'origine de la pochette - Quai Baco - Le déclic musical". Quai Baco. Retrieved 2015-08-12.
- "The Full List | Hottest 100 - 2012 | triple j". Abc.net.au. 2013-01-26. Retrieved 2015-08-12.
-  Archived December 20, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- Hung, Steffen. "Discographie C2C". French Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- Hung, Steffen. "Discografie C2C". Belgium (Flanders) Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- Hung, Steffen. "Discographie C2C". Belgium (Wallonia) Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- Hung, Steffen. "Discografie C2C". Dutch Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- Hung, Steffen. "Discographie C2C". Swiss Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- "C2C , double platine pour l'album TETRA" (in French). Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique. Retrieved 2 March 2014.