Bottom: Top: longer range C90-CR cutaway to show antitank rocket projectile inside tube
|Place of origin||Spain|
|Used by||See Users|
|Effective firing range||300 m moving target|
|Sights||fixed 2X optical sight standard|
The Instalaza C90 is a 90 mm disposable, shoulder-fired and one-man operated grenade launcher (RPG) which can be fitted with a VN38-C night vision device for full night combat capability. It is being used as an infantry-type weapon.
The following are variants produced by Instalaza:
- C-90-CR (M3) and the C-90-CR-RB (M3) - equipped with hollow-charge warhead of different types. Has armor penetration of 400mm.
- C-90-CR-AM (M3) - also has a head shaped charge, but with a special body that provides mines.
- C-90-CR-FIM (M3) - contains more than 1.3 kg of red phosphorus composition, producing incendiary effects and smoke.
- C-90-CR-BK (M3) - has a tandem warhead precursor for anti-bunker/building fortifications. The warhead pierces the walls and goes through the wall before it explodes inside the interior.
- C-90-CR-IN (M3) - is a training model with inert warhead.
- Indonesian Army. In use with the infantry units and Special Forces. Versions C-90CR antiarmor, C-90-CR-RB (M3), C-90AM antipersonnel and C-90BK bunker buster.
- Indian Army. In use with the infantry units. C-90-CR-RB (M3) only.
- Italian Army. In use with Special Forces. Versions C-90CR antiarmor, C-90AM antipersonnel and C-90BK bunker buster.
- the first C90-C and C90-C-AM were 840mm in length; the C90-CR versions increased to 940mm for the larger rocket motor; and the C90-CR(M3) increased the length to 983mm - i.e. showing the increase length with addition of shock-bumpers on the front and rear of the launcher
- "OPFOR Worldwide Equipment Guide" (PDF). September 2001. Retrieved 2010-07-12.
- "C-90-CR (M3)" (in Spanish). Retrieved 2010-07-12.
- "La Empresa". Retrieved 2010-07-12.
- Estonian Ministry of Defence
|This article related to weaponry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|