CAE Global Academy Phoenix
Motto in English
|One step ahead|
|Students||400 (in 2011)|
|Location||Mesa, Arizona, United States
|Campus||Falcon Field Airport|
|Colours||Blue and Grey|
The CAE Oxford Aviation Academy Phoenix (formerly Sabena Airline Training Center) (CAE SATC) is an aviation school owned by Canadian group CAE (so part of CAE Oxford Aviation Academy) and located in Mesa on Falcon Field Airport. Former subsidiary of Sabena Flight Academy, the school trains students including those of SFA, Nationale Luchtvaartschool (NLS), Turkish Airlines, Shenzhen Airlines, EVA Air, British Airways, Air Algérie and the cadet pilots of Japan Airlines.
In 1991, the Belgian government gives to Sabena the École d'aviation civile (aviation civil school) created in 1953. It becomes Belgian Aviation School and then Sabena Air Training Center. The same year, it was decided to carry out practical training in flight to Phoenix in the U.S.A because the weather in Arizona allows flights 365 days per year in a high and complex air traffic. Thus the school was created as a subsidiary of Sabena Flight Academy and with the name of Sabena Airline Training Center. In 2008, following the acquisition of the Belgian school by the Canadian group CAE, the United States part is also absorbed. The school is incorporate into the CAE Oxford Aviation Academy and is renamed CAE Oxford Aviation Academy Phoenix.
The school has a fleet of 49 aircraft including 2 Diamond DA20-C1, 21 Diamond DA40, 4 Diamond DA42-L360, 5 Piper Seminole, 22 Piper Archer, 2 Piper Arrow and one Beechcraft 90. In addition, the school has 6 simulators FNPT2, which two are equipped like a Diamond DA40, two like a Piper Archer, one like a Piper Seminole, and the last one like a Diamond DA42.
In 2011, the school trained 400 pilots per year and offers European (JAA) and American (FAA) courses. The European students are from the CAE Oxford Aviation Academy schools of Oxford, Brussels, Amsterdam, Douala and Évora. The students of the American program are from the airline customers like Shenzhen Airlines and China Airlines and also private customers. The courses approved by the Federal Aviation Administration enable students to obtain the US licenses of Private pilot, Commercial pilot, instrument rating and flight instructor. The Multi Crew Pilots License (MPL) Program is currently used by Japan Airlines  and EVA Air.
- Olivier Wilmart, De Sabena à Air France, Racine, 2002, 285 p. (ISBN 2-87386-288-2)
- Willy Buysse, Marguerite Coppens, Etienne Reunis, Frans Van Humbeek, Michel Wautelet, Sabena, le progrès venait du ciel, Bruxelles, Borgerhoff & Lamberigts, 2011, 224 p. (ISBN 9789089312525)
- (French) CAE - SABENA FLIGHT ACADEMY
- (French) Page relative à SATC
- (French) Communiqué CAE fait l'acquisition de Sabena Flight Academy pour remédier à la pénurie mondiale de pilotes
- (French) Page SATC
- Latest news
- (French) LA BELGIAN AVIATION SCHOOL FORME DES PILOTES DE LIGNE EN VINGT MOIS. APPRENDRE A VOLER AU-DESSUS DU DESERT DE NEVADA ET DU...
- (French) Communiqué sur le site Diamond air
- CAE Global Academy Phoenix Fleet