CAE Oxford Aviation Academy Douala
Motto in English
|One step ahead|
|Founders||Joseph Barla, Jean-Yves Kotto, Sabena Flight Academy|
|Colours||Blue and Grey|
The CAE Oxford Aviation Academy Douala (formerly Sabena Flight Academy Africa) (CAE SFA-A) is an aviation school owned by Canadian group CAE (part of its CAE Global Academy), located at Douala, Cameroon. It was the first civil aviation university in the country.
The school was created in 2008 by Joseph Barla, and Jean-Yves Kotto, as subsidiary of Sabena Flight Academy, a Belgian school created in 1953. A few months later, following the absorption of Sabena Flight Academy by CAE, SFA-A become part of CAE Global Academy, renamed CAE Global Academy Douala.
On its Douala campus, the school has three flight simulators : one FNPT2 calibrated like a Boeing 737-800, a second FNPT2 showing the Diamond DA42 and a FNPT1 dedicated to instrument flight rules training.
- (in French) Sabena Flight Academy Africa offre dès cette année des formations aux métiers de l’aviation civile
- CAE Global Academy Douala
- (in French) Agent technique d'exploitation : Le pilote au sol
- SFA Africa
- Sabena Flight Academy - Africa
- (in French) Sabena Flight Academy Africa - Cameroun
- (in French) Sabena Flight Academy Africa