A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Key architects||Jeremiah Johnson (Founder/Principal)|
|Location||770 N. LaSalle Blvd, Suite 801,|
River North, Chicago, Illinois, U.S. (headquarters)
|Significant works and honors|
|Awards||2014 Architizer A+ Awards: Special Mention|
2012 AIA Chicago: Small Project Citation of Merit
CBD Architects, also known as Chicago Building Design, P.C., is an American commercial architecture firm specializing in hospitality design. Founded in Chicago (1998), CBD has diversified to offices in Miami and New Orleans, with licensed architects in nine states: Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, New York, Texas, Washington, and Wisconsin.
The firm was founded by Jeremiah Johnson in 1998 and incorporated as Chicago Building Design, P.C. in 2000. It adopted the name, CBD Architects, to reflects its growth to designs in Miami, New Orleans, and New York.
CBD Architects specializes in commercial architecture's hospitality design market. Other firm services include permits, renovations, occupancy drawings, public right of way, and building code violation assistance.
Notable designs include:
- STK Chicago of The ONE Group (forthcoming) — River North, Chicago
- Pomp & Circumstance (2015) by Hubbard Inn owners — Old Town, Chicago
- Bangers & Lace (2015) — Evanston
- Gino's East (2014) — River North and South Loop, Chicago
- Celeste (2014) — River North, Chicago
- Siena Tavern (2013) — River North, Chicago
- Stout Barrel House & Galley (2012) — River North, Chicago
- The Boarding House (2012) — River North, Chicago
- Public House (2011) — River North, Chicago
- Hubbard Inn (2010) — River North, Chicago
- "2014 Winners - The Typology Categories Special Mentions - Restaurants: The Boarding House, Chicago Building Design". Architizer. 2014. Archived from the original on April 15, 2015. Retrieved June 3, 2015.
- Dahlman, Steven (February 2, 2015). "State & Kinzie steakhouse gets building permit". Marina City Online. Retrieved June 3, 2015.
The architect is Jeremiah Johnson of Chicago. His firm, CBD Architects, is located on West Huron Street in River North. Johnson specializes in design for hospitality companies...In 2012, he received a citation of merit from the Chicago chapter of the American Institute of Architects...He also designed The Boarding House, Stout Barrel House & Galley, and Hubbard Inn in River North.
- "AIA CHICAGO HONORS 2ND ANNUAL SMALL PROJECT AWARD WINNERS". American institute of Architects Chicago. 2015. Retrieved June 3, 2015.
- "CORPORATION FILE DETAIL REPORT: CHICAGO BUILDING DESIGN, P.C." Illinois Secretary of State. 2015. Retrieved June 3, 2015.
- "Exclusive: Ambitious Congress Theater Renovation Aims to Create Neighborhood Destination". Chicago Pipeline. August 29, 2012. Retrieved June 3, 2015.
...Jeremiah Johnson of Chicago Building Design, PC to serve as Executive Architect. Johnson is well known in the hospitality industry for projects such as Public House, The Hubbard Inn, and the much anticipated Boarding House restaurant.
- "CBD Architects Gallery". CBD Architects. 2015. Retrieved June 3, 2015.
- "Design Evanston Awards 2015 - Excellence in Design: Interior Design" (PDF). Design Evanston. 2015. Retrieved July 31, 2015.
- "Z:CHICAGO BUILDING DESIGN, PC11 PROJECT FILES11-C-13 642 N. C". Stout Chicago. April 18, 2014. Retrieved June 3, 2015.
- "Wine Bottle Chandelier". American Institute of Architects Chicago. 2014. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved June 3, 2015.
- MacArthur, Kate (January 25, 2012). "Wine expert Singh's new home: Boarding House restaurant". Crain's Chicago Business. Retrieved June 3, 2015.
She has tapped Jeremiah Johnson, the Chicago architect behind Kamehachi and Hubbard Inn, to create a multi-level restaurant and wine bar inspired by the building's early history.
- Cavanaugh, Amy (January 28, 2012). "Restaurant News: Alpana Singh To Open The Boarding House This Summer, Two Chefs To Host Anti-Restaurant Week Dinner". Chicagoist. Archived from the original on March 17, 2016. Retrieved June 3, 2015.
Chicago architect Jeremiah Johnson is designing The Boarding House, which will spread out over multiple levels.