|City of license||Gander, Newfoundland and Labrador|
|Broadcast area||Northeastern Newfoundland|
|Branding||CBC Radio One Gander|
|Frequency||1400 kHz (AM)|
|First air date||1940s (exact date unknown)|
|Callsign meaning||Canadian Broadcasting Corporation Gander|
|Former callsigns||VORG (1940s-1949)|
|Owner||Canadian Broadcasting Corporation|
|Website||CBC Newfoundland and Labrador|
CBG is a radio station broadcasting at 1400 kHz (AM) from Gander, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada with a power of 4,000 watts. CBG is the local Radio One station of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Several FM rebroadcasters provide additional coverage.
The station was launched in the 1940s as VORG, owned and operated by the local military base. Following World War II, it was acquired by the Broadcasting Corporation of Newfoundland, the pre-Confederation public broadcaster. On March 31, 1949, BCN was absorbed by the CBC when Newfoundland joined Canada, and the station adopted its current call sign. At that time, CBG broadcast on AM 1450. The frequency was changed to 1400 in 1983.
CBG produces its own local morning show, The Central Morning Show with host Leigh Anne Power. The station otherwise broadcasts programming from CBN in St. John's during the network's local programming blocks.
|City of license||Identifier||Frequency||Power||Class||RECNet|
|Bonavista||CBGY||750 AM||10,000 watts||A||Query|
|Carmanville||CBGC-FM||92.5 FM||1,700 watts||A||Query|
|Glovertown ||CBNG-FM||101.5 FM||547 vertical/1,276 horizontal watts||A||Query|
- "Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2006-104". CRTC. 2006-03-29. Retrieved 2012-03-15.
- CBC Newfoundland and Labrador
- CBG-AM history at Canadian Communications Foundation
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CBG
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CBGY
- Query the FCC's AM station database for CBGY
- Radio-Locator Information on CBGY
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for CBGY
- Query the FCC's AM station database for CBG
- Radio-Locator Information on CBG
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for CBG
|This article about a radio station in Newfoundland and Labrador is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Canadian Broadcasting Corporation article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|