|Launched||16 November 2009 (UK)
3 December 2012 (Poland)
|Owned by||CBS Studios International/
AMC Networks International
|Picture format||576i (SDTV 16:9)|
0.27% (April 2015 , BARB)
0.04% (July 2013, Nielsen)
|Broadcast area||United Kingdom, Poland, Africa|
|Replaced||UK & Ireland: Zone Thriller (2009)
Poland: Zone Romantica (2012-2013)
|Sister channel(s)||CBS Europa
|Freeview UK||Channel 64|
|Freesat UK||Channel 137|
|Sky UK & Ireland||Channel 148|
|Eutelsat 28A||11222 H 27500 2/3|
|Virgin Media UK||Channel 192|
|Smallworld Cable UK||Channel 157|
|Virgin TV Anywhere||Watch live (UK only)|
CBS Action is a television channel in the United Kingdom and Poland that launched on 16 November 2009.
On 14 September 2009, it was revealed that the international arm of CBS, CBS Studios International, struck a joint venture deal with Chellomedia to launch six CBS-branded channels in the UK during 2009. The new channels would replace Zone Romantica, Zone Thriller, Zone Horror and Zone Reality, plus timeshift services Zone Horror +1 and Zone Reality +1. On 1 October 2009, it was announced that CBS Reality, CBS Reality +1, CBS Drama and CBS Action would launch on 16 November 2009 replacing Zone Reality, Zone Reality +1, Zone Romantica and Zone Thriller. On 5 April 2010, Zone Horror and Zone Horror +1 were rebranded as Horror Channel and Horror Channel +1, following the rebrand of the portfolio’s other three channels in November 2009.
CBS Reality launched on Freeview on 1 April 2014, and as of July 2014, CBS Reality +1, CBS Action, CBS Drama & Horror Channel are available on the YouView platform as part of TalkTalk Plus TV's Entertainment Boost. A placeholder launched on Freeview and YouView on 29 August 2014 for CBS Action on channel 90, in addition to the channel being provided on the YouView TalkTalk platform. The channel started broadcasting on channel 70 on 1 October 2014. Then on 19 February 2015, CBS Action moved from channel 70 to channel 64 on Freeview. On 2 June 2015, it was removed from YouView channel 485.
- Hawaii Five-O
- The High Chaparral
- Jake and the Fatman
- Kung Fu
- NCIS (seasons 1–6)
- Star Trek: The Original Series (remastered 4:3 cropped to 16:9)
- Star Trek: Enterprise
- Star Trek: The Next Generation
- The Streets of San Francisco
- The Agency
- The New Twilight Zone
- Walker, Texas Ranger
- Ultimate Force
- Nash Bridges
- The 4400
- 18 Wheels of Justice
- Cops (now airing on CBS Reality)
- Queen of Swords (4:3 pan and scan version from 16:9)
- Adventure Inc. (4:3 pan and scan version from 16:9)
- F/X: The Series
- In Deep
- Jake 2.0
- La Femme Nikita
- Mission: Impossible
- Remington Steele
- Starsky & Hutch
- The Fugitive
- The Pretender
- The Sentinel
- Suspicious Agenda
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- To Serve and Protect
- "CBS FINALChello Zone partnership press release" (DOC). Chello Zone. 2009-09-14.
- "CBS to launch UK channels with Chellomedia". Broadcastnow. 2009-09-14.
- "Zone Horror rebrands as Horror Channel". Broadband TV News. 2010-03-31.
- "CBS and Chellomedia take entertainment across EMEA". Broadband TV News. 2012-08-01.
- "Kanały CBS w Polsce. Co w ramówce?". Media2.pl. 2012-11-30.
|This article about a television station is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|