|Service type||Bus operator|
|Fleet||85 (November 2015)|
CDC Geelong, formerly known as Benders Busways, is an Australian bus company in Geelong operating routes under the Geelong Transit System umbrella, as well as charter work. It is a subsidiary of ComfortDelGro Australia.
Benders Busways was formed by Ernest and Aimee Bender in 1926, and was established for 75 years. Their son Norman Bender eventually took over the business. 
The closure of the Geelong tram system in 1956 saw Benders win the contract to serve the former tram routes with buses. Eighteen new buses were purchased to run the increased number of services.
In 1987 Benders purchased IJ Cook & Son. In June 2000 the Bender family sold Benders Busways to the Kefford Corporation. In February 2009 the Kefford Corporation was sold to ComfortDelGro Cabcharge, with the sale including Benders Busways for A$149 million. At the time Kefford was the fourth-largest bus operator in Victoria, with a fleet of 328 buses and six depots, and with a market share of 16%. On 14 July 2014, CDC announced that Benders Busways would be re-branded as CDC Geelong.
When the Geelong Transit System (GTS) was first introduced in 1983, buses operated by Benders on route services were painted in the blue stripe and white GTS livery. However the contract with the state government requiring Benders to use the GTS livery on its urban route buses expired in 2000, and under the subsequent contract the company's buses all reverted to Benders' former white and green livery.
In August 2014, CDC Victoria announced that it had started to use the recently-introduced Public Transport Victoria orange and white livery on its buses, replacing the former Benders livery, and CDC Geelong buses providing public transport services were progressively repainted. An orange, blue and white livery was adopted for charter buses.
As at November 2015 the CDC Geelong fleet consisted of 85 buses and coaches.
- "Benders Busways was established for 75 years".
- "Geelong Info - Benders Busways". Retrieved 26 July 2007.
- "Updates & News". Kefford Corporation. Archived from the original on 3 April 2009. Retrieved 20 November 2015.
- Smith, Chris (20 December 2008). "Kefford Group Finds a Buyer". Australasian Bus and Coach. Bauer Trader Media. Retrieved 20 November 2015.
- "A brand new look for CDC Victoria". CDC Victoria. Archived from the original on 4 August 2014. Retrieved 20 November 2015.
- "PTUA press release: Bring Back the Booklet". Retrieved 26 July 2007.
- "CDC Geelong launches PTV livery on new buses". CDC Victoria. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- "CDC Group - Benders, Geelong". Australian Bus Fleet Lists. Bus Australia. Retrieved 20 November 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Buses in Geelong.|