|Traded as||NASDAQ: CDW|
|Industry||B2B IT products and services|
|Founded||1984 by Michael Krasny|
|Headquarters||Vernon Hills, Illinois,
|Thomas E. Richards,
Chairman & CEO
|Products||Desktops, servers, laptops, peripherals, software, telephony products, power, storage|
|Revenue||US$10.1 billion (2012)|
|Owner||Madison Dearborn Partners Providence Equity Partners|
Number of employees
|Slogan||People Who Get IT|
CDW LLC, headquartered in Vernon Hills, Illinois, is a provider of technology products and services for business, government and education.
The company has a secondary division known as CDW-G, devoted solely to United States governmental purchasers, such as from schools, universities, cities, and the state and federal government.
CDW was originally incorporated as "MPK Computing" by its founding member Michael Krasny, who currently ranks on Fortune magazine's list of the wealthiest Americans. It later became Computer Discount Warehouse and then simply CDW.
In October 2006 CDW acquired Berbee, a top tier reseller of IBM, Cisco, and Microsoft products and services. It was CDW's second major acquisition after purchasing Micro Warehouse in September 2003 and opening two remote offices in New Jersey (Voorhees and Eatontown) which employ over 500 people.
CDW operates in Canada as CDW Canada Incorporated, based in Etobicoke, Ontario. CDW Canada was recognized by the Great Place to Work Institute as one of the best workplaces in Canada in 2011, ranked 25th in the category of large and multinational companies.
On 3 August 2015 the company announced that it had acquired the remaining 65 percent of Kelway Ltd., a London based multinational business with significant presence in the IT sector. Eight months earlier, CDW had bought a 35 percent stake in Kelway.
CDW Non-Profit sector was founded in 2007. CDW Non-Profit assists in providing affordable technology tools and services to associations, foundations, governmental departments, religious and social service organizations. The Brookings Institution, Salvation Army, PCAOB, Aids Healthcare Foundation, The Metropolitan Museum of Art and American Heart Association are among some of their clients.
- CDW Press Release 05-29-2007. Newsroom.cdw.com. Retrieved on 2014-01-14.
- CDW raises $395M in scaled-back IPO
- Other Contacts. Cdw.ca. Retrieved on 2014-01-14.
- CDW Canada recognized as a Great Place to Work® for third consecutive year - TORONTO, April 20, 2012. Prnewswire.com. Retrieved on 2014-01-14.
- CDW Press Release August 3, 2015. cdwnewsroom.com Retrieved on 2015-09-16.
- CDW Nonprofit - Specialized Service and Technology Solutions for Professionals. Cdw.com. Retrieved on 2014-01-14.
-  Archived September 26, 2009 at the Wayback Machine