CEA-LIST: Laboratory for Integration of Systems and Technology
|Headquarters||Nano-INNOV, Avenue de la Vauve, 91120 Palaiseau, France|
CEA-LIST, is one of three specialized technological research institutes of CEA (French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission) Technological Research Division (CEA Tech) and specializes on digital systems
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Embedded systems
- Data intelligence
- Health ionizing radiations
CEA LIST is a part of the "Carnot Institute" and invests 25% of its budget into scientific resourcing actions every year. CEA LIST is focused to identify better technological breakthroughs for the advancement of research. In june 2019, it has no official director (just a temporary one) since October 2018.
CEA LIST is involved in various research programs described in this section.
CEA LIST, works towards advanced manufacturing by supporting industry to produce in a more effective and sustainable way and involves in exploratory research in emerging technology for smart manufacturing such as, modelling and simulation, knowledge engineering, data processing, vision, information and communication systems etc.
The main activities in context of advanced manufacturing fall into the following six category
- Collaborative robotics
- Virtual reality
- Augmented reality
- Non destructive testing
- Radioactivity metrology
CEA LIST, works on various development aspect of software and embedded systems and provides methods, tools and components for optimizing systems’ quality and performance.
The embedded systems labs consist of a large number of research engineers who dedicate their time to enhance the five topics integrating safety, security, reliability and performance requests. The lab works on the following category of activities:
- Design and analysis
- Validation and verification
- Sensors integration
- IPs and components for reliabiltiy, safety and security
- Computing architectures
CEA LIST, works on development of a global approach for ambient intelligence applications which include HMI (Human Machine Interface) aspects, from perception to user’s restitution.
The research is carried out to addresses various industrial sectors and problems, such as, security (videosurveillance, pedestrian detection…), health, energy, transport and digital economy (data filtering and analysis, search engines…)
A large number of research engineers work on four main application in this fields:
- Diamond material and sensors
- Internet of things
- Data analysis
- Knowledge engineering
Radiations Control for Health
CEA LIST, works towards improving the safety and efficiency of treatments, to reduce the amount of doses and to develop new therapies.
CEA LIST, work on radiations control for health is held by two entities of reference:
- The Henry-Becquerel National Laboratory (LNHB)
- National French reference laboratory for metrology
DOSEO platform is unique in France as it consists of advanced technological equipment for imaging and radiotherapy.
The research is conducted in partnership both with the medical body and the industrial sector where many research engineers work on two big topics:
- Calibration tools and dose metrology
- Modeling and simulation
As a member of Carnot institutes network, CEA LIST, works both on technological research and on upstream resourcing research. Resourcing activities are based on historical relations with high level academic partners.
Despite an international economic crisis, there has been a solid growth for CEA LIST which testifies its relevant choices concerning its research work priorities and the ability to fulfill the industrial partners’ needs. Concerning large companies, the issue at stake is about designing global industrial solutions within a restricted demanding time to market.
- "Home - CEA LIST". www-list.cea.fr. Retrieved 2016-11-01.
- "CEA LIST | Carnot institutes network". www.instituts-carnot.eu. Archived from the original on 2016-11-01. Retrieved 2016-11-01.
- "Advanced manufacturing - CEA LIST". www-list.cea.fr. Retrieved 2016-11-01.
- "Papyrus". eclipse.org. Retrieved 2016-11-01.
- "Papyrus - Eclipsepedia". wiki.eclipse.org. Retrieved 2016-11-01.
- "Frama-C". frama-c.com. Retrieved 2016-11-01.
- "LNHB". www.nucleide.org. Retrieved 2016-11-01.
- "LNE, french metrology". www.lne.eu. Retrieved 2016-11-01.
- "DOSEO - plate-forme de recherche en radiothérapie". Doseo. Retrieved 2016-11-01.